Darby, Mills, Jones
Darby, Jones, Maddox
Darby, Douglas, Maddox
Douglas, Maddox, LeBlanc
Douglas, Jones, Maddox
Darby, Douglas, Jones
Tito.
Thank you Father God.

Todd Bowles has been officially hired by Arizona as their defensive coordinator.

Bobby.
Go Browns

Shurmur .... :bye:
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Tito.
Thank you Father God.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/187816691.html

Chip Kelly gives some clues on what he's looking for in a defensive coordinator
Cole World
Spend Fiddies, Pet Kitties, Suck Tiddies

A lot of implications from Roseman that we'll be running a 3-4.

Idk how I should feel about this.

Ryans obviously doesn't fit the scheme well and he's definitely the best player we had on defense this past season.
Tito.
Thank you Father God.

https://twitter.com/975TheFanatic/status/293744090514857984

McM****: Chip Kelly wants to announce his staff all at once ... that's why we haven't gotten any confirmation of the hires yet.
Tito.
Thank you Father God.

https://twitter.com/EliotShorrParks/status/293776103221374976

According to multiple reports the #Eagles met with Ryan Nassib, quarterback from Syracuse, last night.

https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/293774584006713345

Syr QB Ryan Nassib said he sat down w/ #Eagles HC Chip Kelly and GM Howie Roseman last night. Spoke mostly about offense he ran in school.
Tito.
Thank you Father God.

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013/01/22/gus-bradley-on-philly-its-a-special-place/
Fayetnam

I like the 1 gap 3-4 scheme. The only thing is our personnel doesn't really suit it atm.
Jenkins and Cox are perfect DE's. Dixon is questionable as our NT. (Effort, mentality, body)

Demeco can play in the 3-4 contrary to perception from his time with the Texans. (He was coming off an achilles injury, Cushing is/was their star ILB)

Kendricks would need to add strength. Don't really see him as an OLB although he does have pass rush ability. Could be an option

Graham has said he likes playing standing up. Did so at Michigan. He could work out as an OLB.
Cole would be suspect as an OLB. Don't see him playing well if the switch is made

Tito.
Thank you Father God.

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013/01/22/chip-kelly-a-pizza/

Oregon was getting ready for its Fiesta Bowl matchup against Kansas State. During practice, the Ducks ran a screen, but execution was far from perfect. Long and his buddy, tight end Colt Lyerla, went to block the same defender.

After the play, they started arguing over who screwed up. That’s when Chip Kelly stepped in.

“Chip ran over and said, ‘Both of you shut-up. Get over here,’” Long recalls. “And he had this smirk on his face. I knew something good was coming. He always has this little paper in his back pocket. He pulls it out and draws a square.”

A pizza box, Kelly explained. Then he drew a circle. That was the pie. Kelly divided the pie into slices and wrote Long and Lyerla’s initials on them.

“He says, ‘What happens if I take your pizza, Kyle? Are you going to cry about it? Or are you going to take the other piece of pizza?’” Long said. “And that’s how he explained who to block on this one play.”

The message was simple. Things are not always going to go perfectly on the field. But don’t hesitate. Rely on your instincts and play fast.
Tito.
Thank you Father God.

https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/293837910350905345

Eagles meet with several players here. One of them was Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson. Had sit-down with team last night.
Tito.
Thank you Father God.

https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/293848305715257344

Don't read too much into who #Eagles sit down w/ at Senior Bowl. Had speed dating-like chance to meet with all six QBs last night.
Fayetnam

A lot of our previous picks were players we spoke to at the senior bowl. (Graham, Kolb, Foles etc iirc)
So I'm almost certain the Eagles are interested -- and may-- be picking one of those QBs in the draft. Zac Dysert my favorite atm

Leon McFadden is looking great in Mobile. As is Lane Johnson.
Good CB/S depth after the 1st round.

Jordan Poyer
Philip Thomas
Jonathon Cyprien
Jamar Taylor
Desmond Trufant
Tito.
Thank you Father God.

I am so not interested in a QB this year. I would be much happier if we took our chances next year.
Fayetnam

The argument for selecting a QB this year is

i) Mike Vick more than likely won't be here next season leaving only Foles and Edwards on the roster...Do you want Edwards as your teams QB2?

ii) Seems that Kelly will install the pistol-power formation offense. Whether the QB can run is beside the point. If Foles is the QB, Kelly won't call read-option plays.(strictly a power/trapping run-based offense with play-action off the runs.) However, I tend to believe Kelly wants a QB who's young, who has an NFL arm, who's sufficiently accurate . . . and who can expand the Eagles' new playbook by threatening the edge. Even if it's just two or three times per game.

iii) The Eagles could continue to draft a QB until (a) Foles becomes a very good QB, or (b) the team finds someone to threaten the edge as a complement to being able to throw the ball.

iv) The Eagles could have something similar to what the Redskins have with Griffin III and Cousins. Two young QBs. Shurmur would be able to develop either/both where you'd more than likely have one that is definite starter potential with the ability to lead us through the playoffs
Tito.
Thank you Father God.

i) Mike Vick more than likely won't be here next season leaving only Foles and Edwards on the roster...Do you want Edwards as your teams QB2?

Who cares? We're not playing for anything this year, at least not that I expect.

ii) Seems that Kelly will install the pistol-power formation offense. Whether the QB can run is beside the point. If Foles is the QB, Kelly won't call read-option plays.(strictly a power/trapping run-based offense with play-action off the runs.) However, I tend to believe Kelly wants a QB who's young, who has an NFL arm, who's sufficiently accurate . . . and who can expand the Eagles' new playbook by threatening the edge. Even if it's just two or three times per game.
The question is, though, is the QB we want in this draft? This is a franchise QB that we need. This is considered to be a weak QB class all across the board. Do we really need to force the issue when we have up to two QB's who can run the offense this year and when we can use this opportunity--a draft full of defensive players and offense linemen--to build up a team around the QB so we can have something like Seattle or San Fran?

iii) The Eagles could continue to draft a QB until (a) Foles becomes a very good QB, or (b) the team finds someone to threaten the edge as a complement to being able to throw the ball.
To me, Foles earned another opportunity to play this year, even if I don't like him. We might have found a guy who works for us, maybe (I hope not). So that's why I feel like there's no real rush to draft a QB.

iv) The Eagles could have something similar to what the Redskins have with Griffin III and Cousins. Two young QBs. Shurmur would be able to develop either/both where you'd more than likely have one that is definite starter potential with the ability to lead us through the playoffs
Not sure this is a recipe for success but interesting thought
Fayetnam

All valid points
Who cares? We're not playing for anything this year, at least not that I expect.

The question is, though, is the QB we want in this draft? This is a franchise QB that we need. This is considered to be a weak QB class all across the board. Do we really need to force the issue when we have up to two QB's who can run the offense this year and when we can use this opportunity--a draft full of defensive players and offense linemen--to build up a team around the QB so we can have something like Seattle or San Fran?
To me, Foles earned another opportunity to play this year, even if I don't like him. We might have found a guy who works for us, maybe (I hope not). So that's why I feel like there's no real rush to draft a QB.
Not sure this is a recipe for success but interesting thought
Regarding the QB situation, here are some possible scenarios

1) Nick runs a passing version of the read option so well he becomes the franchise QB
2) Nick runs a passing version of the read option well enough to be the short-term starter until a more suitable replacement is groomed, and Nick becomes primo trade bait.
3) Nick flops, which means he's back where he is right now, no harm, no foul, in which CK will then need to develop a replacement QB (unless you think a Russell Wilson falls into our laps and can start as a rookie)

I'm definitely not advocating taking a QB on Day 1 or 2 of the draft nor am I saying we should draft a QB to be an immediate starter, but if the right QB was there on day 3 I think it is/should be something to consider for points 2/3 made earlier. But like you said, is there a QB this year CK wants or believes will excel in his system? If so, I'm all for taking that player if he will fit Kellys scheme and make this team better.

The rest I agree with. Would love to model our team after SF. Which may be likely after reports state that Ed Donatell could be our DC

Tito.
Thank you Father God.

I don't want Nick Foles as our starter really but I also don't want to have to feel like we have to pick up a QB just to say we did.

Too many great QB's in this League right now to mess that up.

If Chip Kelly finds someone he likes, then cool, great, he finds someone he likes. But if he doesn't, then forget QB and let's just try and build up the team first. QB is lowkey one of the least of our worries right now when you look at the team as a whole.

Pages:1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 2897

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook