Kanye To The: Kanye West

'The Irishman' (Dir. Martin Scorsese) | Theaters Nov. 1 & Netflix Nov. 27

Pages:1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

YAY

Jae Rell link=topic=27561.msg5415​99933#msg5415​99933 date=1570277217
Most people only watch blockbuster/four-quadrant movies. And if we're being real Marvel is producing the best movies that fall in that category.
Not really hard to do since blockbusters havenít been good since the 80ís and even then there werenít tons of them being made every year.

Scorsese an old fart tho, he shouldíve just said Marvel doesnít connect to him in because theyíre  pretty much made to be crowd pleasing films. Saying theyíre not cinema is just pretentious. Even Tarantino didnít go on a comic book movies suck tangent when he was asked about them - all he said was he grew up with the comics but didnít necessarily care for the movies.

I think directors who go on those types of rants are just frustrated because studios are spending big money on superhero movies without hesitating while directors like Scorsese literally have to fight to get their movies made. Maybe itís also the fact that Marvel aren't necessarily looking for directors with a vision - they usually just handpick a small time director they can get on the cheap to make a movie thatís already been molded by Kevin Feige & his team of writers. Theyíve been giving certain directors more creative freedom in recent years tho (Taika, James Gunn, Coogler)

Anyways, Iím rambling now, Scorsese pretentious af. I just like seeing dweebs mad.

imgoldson

Not really hard to do since blockbusters havenít been good since the 80ís and even then there werenít tons of them being made every year.

Scorsese an old fart tho, he shouldíve just said Marvel doesnít connect to him in because theyíre  pretty much made to be crowd pleasing films. Saying theyíre not cinema is just pretentious. Even Tarantino didnít go on a comic book movies suck tangent when he was asked about them - all he said was he grew up with the comics but didnít necessarily care for the movies.

I think directors who go on those types of rants are just frustrated because studios are spending big money on superhero movies without hesitating while directors like Scorsese literally have to fight to get their movies made. Maybe itís also the fact that Marvel aren't necessarily looking for directors with a vision - they usually just handpick a small time director they can get on the cheap to make a movie thatís already been molded by Kevin Feige & his team of writers. Theyíve been giving certain directors more creative freedom in recent years tho (Taika, James Gunn, Coogler)

Anyways, Iím rambling now, Scorsese pretentious af. I just like seeing dweebs mad.
Couldnt have said it better, but I still love king scorsese tbh
sace is not here
y'all wild

imgoldson

Damn Rob Ager on KTT, wasn't expecting to see him here, he has some nice analysis on his channel Collative Learning and Rob Ager, even though I disagree with some of his opinions
john cassavetes
remember: pork in medina never play fair. do the knowledge. it ain't worth the headache yungin

I NEEEEEEDDD THIS MOVIE MARTIN. RELEASE IT NOW
Soup. 💙
my Uncle Hugh

The Irishman is headed to Broadway :oh:

https://deadline.com/2019/10/netflix-the-irishman-broadway-belasco-theatre-martin-scorsese-al-pacino-1202753643/
escmb🎚

If I speak
L.O.V.E
'If you do not have the heart of a lion, then do not travel on the path of love'

Its understandable that he is pissed. We get way too much comic movies. Other projects should have/get a chance
ElHaitch

just got tickets to the premiere screening in manchester :banderas:
ElHaitch

amazing film. really felt an end of an era :jordancry:
Mr. Hyphen
lets all get along

amazing film. really felt an end of an era :jordancry:
Decade ending on top
eleanor jones
WOLF

Nah this is the stupidest take and youíre a dweeb on some ďIím the bigger person cause I let people like what they likeĒ corny ass **** . Heís right and you wanna call it pretentious to make yourself feel righteous and in touch with regular people. Superhero films have created an audience that thinks thatís what the movies are for 100% get the **** over it youíre the crybaby taking issue with what he said
eleanor jones
WOLF

It's more about him becoming everything he went against during New Hollywood wave and being old means nothing

He fought for telling more personal and honest/real stories in new ways following an era where most stories were genre/pulp. Now stories are all being told exactly the same way again and they are all ridiculously far removed from actual humanity, they are all mindless genre meant only to be entertaining by following the formula. All this cape**** is exactly what he fought against back then
YAY

Nah this is the stupidest take and youíre a dweeb on some ďIím the bigger person cause I let people like what they likeĒ corny ass **** . Heís right and you wanna call it pretentious to make yourself feel righteous and in touch with regular people. Superhero films have created an audience that thinks thatís what the movies are for 100% get the **** over it youíre the crybaby taking issue with what he said
Heís pretentious for saying Marvel films are not cinema lol other than that I donít have an issue with what he said.

**** off you pissed off sweat bucket. Iím not even angered by his statement nor do I think the anger from comic book movie fans is warranted. Clearly you didnít read any of my posts, you just saw the word pretentious associated with Scorsese and had a stroke.
SegaDreamFlash

He fought for telling more personal and honest/real stories in new ways following an era where most stories were genre/pulp. Now stories are all being told exactly the same way again and they are all ridiculously far removed from actual humanity, they are all mindless genre meant only to be entertaining by following the formula. All this cape**** is exactly what he fought against back then

yea pretty much. I said earlier that people are acting like Marvel's some underdog when the MCU is the kind of franchise Martin probably wouldn't have liked back in the day
Yuzzy

well.. he's right :jordanok:

Pages:1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook