Kanye To The: Kanye West

Breaking Bad | Felina (MY BABY BLUE)

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 4092

King.

Jesse killed Gale.

The director said that it was always the point of that scene. To not really end on a cliffhanger, but to end on an action that changes the entire game.

By Jesse killing Gale two things happened.

I. Walt and Jesse can't be killed, and they turned the tables on Gus. This also in effect, means Gus has to deal with Walt and Jesse knowing he was going to have them killed. Relations will be strained to say the least.

II. It made Jesse into a killer. Not only did he kill someone for the first time, unlike Walt, he killed an innocent man begging for his life. Every time Walt killed someone, it was really terrible people and it was usually in self defense. Either Jesse will resent Walt for having to kill, or it will make their bond as partners stronger (as they know they are willing to kill for one another).

It seems like a lot of people were confused by the stylistic direction he chose to film that scene (the rotating camera). Jesse's hand actually never moves, it's 100% still and steady and he pull the trigger. The camera rotates around him so you see the bullet going at you (the audience) from Gale's perspective. So when Gale gets shot, you get shot, and it goes to black. This stylistic choice has bitten him in the ass, as a bunch of people thought Jesse shot away into the wall.

Of course,  maybe you knew all this and meant: you can't wait to see what happens as a result of him killing Gale. In that instance, I 100% agree. :)

thanks for clearing that up i had a feeling he killed him but wasnt 100% sure what had happened

mk121

Again I disagree.

Look, Gale was a more direct threat I agree. However, the man himself had NOTHING to do with them dying. It was all Gus's doing. Whereas with Jesse's gf, she was actually the one instigating the drama. Once she got hooked on drugs, she was running  Jesse's life, and was even demanding Walt give them the money, or she will go to the cops.

She not only threatened their partnership, but Walt as well. The other aspect to this is that Walt views Jesse as a son. So he sees HER as a threat to Jesse's own well being. But even if we ignore the whole: who is a bigger threat, let's just focus on the moment of the "killings" per say.

Walt walks into a room and sees a Junkie overdosing. The Junkie is the one that shot up. The junkie is the one that put his partner (and really his son) into his current position. He sees her over dosing, and in that moment he decides to not roll her because I. She put herself into that position (so it's easier to be idle and not do anything) II. In one swoop their problem will go away (both for Walt, and Jesse). Also note, his "killing" was him being idle and doing anything.

In contrast, Jesse has to go over to an Innocent man's place. Pull a gun in his face, and watch this poor man beg for his own life. Literally, he has to stare into his weeping eyes, as he pulls the trigger. Now tell me, which way of killing is worse?

I'm not saying what Walt did was any less terrible. But it was a lot easier for him to do it, because I. he didn't put her in that position in the first place. He could justify it as being: fate, or a result of her own addiction. He just happened to walk in, and instead of intervening, he let her own action take its course. II. Inactivity (not doing anything) is a lot easier for someone to do, then actually killing.

In contrast, I really think Jesse having to kill Gale was much worse than anytime Walt had to kill. He's mostly killed out of either self defense, or killed other terrible people. The only exception is Jane, I will agree. But I still don't believe it was as bad as Gale.

I can agree with you that walt's inaction is not as decisive of a method of killing as jesse's murder, but i guess the point i am trying to make is that i do not see the impact of this kill on jesse's character being as significant and Walt's guilt and the effect that standing and leaving the girl to die had on him. I mean as I see it, Walt became a cold mother****er that day because from then on he pretty much justifies anything to protect his family and money.
 As you said Jesse is like a son to Walt, and Walt killed the woman his son loved for his own personal gain, sure the girl  threatened a partnership and threatened Walt's money, but she wasn't a literal threat to his life where as gale needed to be taken out. His death was the only way to ensure that Jesse and Walt survived and for that reason it would be quite easy to justify and commit a murder, as Walt has the many times people have threatened his life.
The difference I see it is that Walt's action was caused by greed, whereas Jesse's action is caused by necessity. He didnt want to lose Jesse and he resented the girl for pulling him (whom again he views like a son) away and that definitely factored into it.

I feel that the necessity of the murder in the sense that there was literally no other way for Walt and Jesse to survive the situation will prevent Jesse from having the guilt that Walt does for his inaction.

On a side note: I love Walt and in no way shape or form see him as a sadistic killer. im just analyzing his guilt and the effect that **** has had on his conscience as compared to the other circumstances where hes killed people who threaten his life and applying the same psychology to Jesse's situation. Either way its a dumb argument for me to make on my part because we really wont know how it effects him until it effects him haha  :dno:

dorian_j
In such a horror mood

Breaking Bad Season 3 Available In June

As an avid Big Love watcher, it was sad for me when Aaron Paul left the show to pursue other things. Luckily though, he didnít leave to face the fragility of a career based in soon-to-be-cut television programs and easily forgettable made-for-TV movies. Aaron Paul chose to be a part of Breaking Bad, and in 2010 this garnered him an Emmy Award for his work in season 3.

According to Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, viewers will be able to possess this third season of Breaking Bad on June 7th. There's also good news for folks who haven't made the leap to Blu-ray yet: if you opt for the DVD, you won't miss out on too many special features. The only extra exclusive to the Blu-Ray will be cast and crew photographs. Otherwise, everyone will receive outtakes, deleted scenes, cast and crew commentary, five behind-the-scenes featurettes, a writerís room segment, 20 ďInside Breaking BadĒ pieces, and video podcasts.

If you havenít looked into Breaking Bad, the series is about a chemistry teacher diagnosed with terminal cancer who turn to cooking and dealing meth to make ends meet. While Aaron Paul plays the chemistry teacherís accomplice, the chemistry teacher is 2010 Emmy winner Bryan Cranston, formerly of Malcolm in the Middle fame. Anna Gunn also stars as Cranstonís beleaguered wife.

Hopefully that information is enough to pique a little interest. If youíre already a fan who isnít concerned about special features or is having a little trouble waiting for the set, episodes are also available in streaming format via Amazon Instant Video. They run $1.99 a pop, which is pretty cheap for a quick fix.

Source
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

'Breaking Bad' premiere is 'shocking'

The stars of Breaking Bad have promised that the upcoming fourth season premiere is "shocking".

Aaron Paul, who plays Jesse, told E! Online that the episode will continue the storylines from the last season.

"It literally starts off right where it left off," he said. "I can't wait to hear people's reactions, because they are going to lose it in the best way possible."

Meanwhile, Paul's co-star Bryan Cranston hinted: "Our premiere episode is very shocking."

Filming for the fourth season of Breaking Bad began in January after the show's network AMC announced that it had decided to postpone its air date.

The series is now expected to return for its fourth season on AMC in July.

Source
Asian

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Seifu

That's the only case. But he just stood by being idle. A little different then actually physically killing. Walt could justify it by saying, he warned them to stop using. And it was their own doing. It was HER that over dosed. It was HER own doing. See what I mean? He just happened to walk in after the fact.

I agree 100% with what you are saying tho. And I think Walt does feel guilty, because his reasoning was a selfish one. But on the flip side, she was threatening to go to the police on Walt. And she was a threat to him and his family. So I still think it's a bit different then Gale, who had absolutely NOTHING against them. Except, Gus was using him.

I re watched this scene, and when walt walked in the room they were both on there sides, so they dont choke on there own vomit. It is only after walt attempted to wake jesse by shaking him is where he kinda dislodged her and she rolled onto her back.

Seifu

Let's just ignore all the outside bull**** and just zoom in to the actual murders themselves. On a very basic level. I still say shooting someone in the face is a lot harder, then standing by idle.

Yes, Walt technically rolled her over when shaking Jesse. But he didn't roll her over intentionally. But look, at the end of the day this is a fictional show. What I said was just speculation. And I made that speculation going off what I know of Jesse's character. I think Jesse will take what he did harder (and IMO he should, given what he had to do).

But we won't know until the show actually airs.

I was just putting that out there. It wasnt like jane was going to die either way with or with out walt being there. If walt had never been at jesse's house, she would have not died. Both acts in my eyes were cold blooded murder, and both had there reasoning behind it. The main difference between the two were walt's was a half measure he wanted jane out of jesse's life, its not like he was never going to smother her with a pillow.

That allowed walt to try and justify what happened (which is one of my favorite parts of the show, Love seeing how walt's thought process works). As were Gales killing was simple it was either kill or be killed. It is were jesse and walt decided there life was worth more then Gales was. There is no other way that can be spun in there minds, to eachother, or to the viewers.

Who knows thou, thats what so awesome about this show its open to so much moral and ethical debate, which writing this out is what i kinda miss about dexter. During season 1 and 2 there was always that internal debate dexter had going on, Is he good or bad, is he a killer with a conscious, Without harry would of dexter been just another killer, or was there always good in him and harry guided him onto his path of murder.

All these questions, is what i loved about dexter, and with all the chopping and changing of show runners, we had these guys what there interpretation of dexter was but refused to build on his past. and now its frustating to watch because you know there is a past where they could build on to make a masterpiece of a season but instead we get a rape gang. and watching dexter kill  them caused no questions it was just like ok there really bad, dexter kills bad people, makes sense.

sorry about going off topic here.
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

Check Out This 71-Minute Interview with BREAKING BAD Creator Vince Galligan

http://www.dailymotion.pl/video/xic9xz_rencontre-avec-vince-gilligan-createur-de-breaking-bad-vo_shortfilms#from=embed
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

The Showrunner Transcript: Breaking Badís Vince Gilligan on Season Four and His Experiences on The X-Files

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/05/vince_gilligan_showrunner_tran.html
CudiIsMyBuddy:)
@fuckmeimcj

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

Aw yeah, reppin the Twilight Zone. GOAT

Yessir! I love TTZ. Also he was a writer for 'The X-Files' which I'm currently watching, so that man gets a lot of props!
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

Yeah. I have the entire series on DVD. And am slowly upgrading to Blu Ray as they release them. Twilight Zone is so amazing. Never gets old.

I've seen The X-Files ONCE front to back. I actually finished my 2nd run of Season 1 a month before school got out. So I'll be finishing the entire series + Fringe this summer.

Yeah, I have the entire series on DVD too, but from torrents, lol The show is just so good. I love everythign about it tbh.

I saw 'The X Files' years ago and only once, when it aired on TV. Never saw the last two seasons though. Some time ago I started watching it from the beginning. I'm currently in season seven and I can honestly say that after the fifth season, the quality dropped drastically. Seasons six and seven have some good episodes, but the rest is either ridiculous or plain bad and I hear that the next two seasons are even worse. I don't think I can handle that, lol
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

Def. So true about the final season's (mostly terrible).

X-Files went on too long, and jumped the shark. Its sad. But  a good reminder of why show's really shouldn't go past 6 seasons.

That six season rule seems to be true. So many shows that I either know or love dipped in quality after the first few years. Fifth season usually is where a TV show peaks. I'm sure there are some exceptions to this rule, but it is often after five seasons when a show loses its magic. Seriously, when the sixth season of 'The X Files' kicked in, I didn't know if it was a joke or I was losing my mind, lol
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

It's just hard sustaining quality writing for that long. I mean, when you consider a full length feature film is 2 hours of writing. Some of these shows reach into 140 hours total.

That is just insane. It's not realistic.

Yeah, that's a lot of hard work, so props to those who manage to keep the quality for a couple good years. I think the Brits have figured it out. Most of their TV shows last 2-3 seasons, then they add a Christmas special or something and they're done. No one can **** with them that way. I guess in America, quantity wins over quality most of the time. Shows like 'House' or 'CSI' have lost their mojo long time ago, but as long as they keep attracting decent audience and bring in some $$$, they keep making more episodes. It's sad, but true.
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

I'm very much a fan of HBO's and AMC's 12 episode season format. I think it generally works. And I notice most HBO shows only last 5-6 season's. So the private channels seem to have it down. Of course they are also getting paid by people subscribing to the channel. So they have that benefit/luxury.

Yeah, thank God for that. I wonder for how long AMC, well the creators want to go on with shows like 'Mad Men' and 'Breaking Bad'. Weiner said that "seven seasons seems like the right length for the life of the show", so I guess we have another 3 to go. Gilligan hinted that the fifth season would be the last and it seems like a good decision tbh. Weiner, on the other hand seems to enjoy the success of the show, so as long as they keep on making quality television, I'm all for it.
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

I'm worried about Dexter. It's Showtime's biggest money make. And they have made no gestures that they plan on ending it soon. Can you imagine that show going into 10 seasons. Yikes.

Oh, hell naw! That would be just cruel. 'Dexter' will be going into its sixth year soon and I think they should either end at that or make another one and leave with some dignity while they still can. If they still continue after that I don't think I'll be watching. There's only so much nice serial killer I can take.
Lavender Blonde
Tomorrow's dawn, I swear that shit ain't coming.

I hope Dexter ends this season, tbh but I'm pretty sure they're going into a seventh.

It's getting so repetitive because you know that the freak-of-the-week is going to die at the end of the season so it takes away a lot of the edge.
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

Def. And this last season was a bit all over the place.

I see a lot of people complain about it and while it wasn't my favorite one, I still enjoyed a good part of it.

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 4092

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook