Kanye To The: Kanye West

MARCUS SMART WILL BE THE GREATEST PERIMETER DEFENDER SINCE GARY PAYTON #SMARTFORALLDEFENSE

Pages:1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Ye34
#TMT

Thread is home to Cow and 4ical

MetaphoricalOne
Point God Perseverance

Ain't nobody got time to type a book report after every game.

The cosigns are already comin left and right for Smart in the NBA world
Good defender... he ain't no star :work:
Ye34
#TMT

Good defender... he ain't no star :work:

In due time

Already made good strides with his shooting mechanics and pick and roll game. Needs to work on using that big body to attack the basket
MetaphoricalOne
Point God Perseverance

In due time

Already made good strides with his shooting mechanics and pick and roll game. Needs to work on using that big body to attack the basket

Doesn't even show that potential... at ALL :work:
Synopsis
Zelalem Fiker

lmao wtf. How can you even tell? He's played like 30 games and hasn't gotten a chance to start yet. If it was some Rockets player you'd be talking about how he's going to be the next Sidney Moncrief/Gary Payton
Ye34
#TMT

How? Most didn't even expect his shot to already improve as much as it has

And he was great at attacking in college. Just needs to get used to the NBA size, get over the rookie hump, and do the same. With that big frame there's no way he doesn't have the potential to excel at it

It's all projections anyway. Just gotta wait and see :work:

But this thread bout his defense only anyway which has been incredible for a rookie
MetaphoricalOne
Point God Perseverance

lmao wtf. How can you even tell? He's played like 30 games and hasn't gotten a chance to start yet. If it was some Rockets player you'd be talking about how he's going to be the next Sidney Moncrief/Gary Payton

I said "potential"... And no it's not there... what you see it?

Yeah cuz I've done that.. :oblivious:

How? Most didn't even expect his shot to already improve as much as it has

And he was great at attacking in college. Just needs to get used to the NBA size, get over the rookie hump, and do the same. With that big frame there's no way he doesn't have the potential to excel at it

It's all projections anyway. Just gotta wait and see :work:

But this thread bout his defense only anyway which has been incredible for a rookie

You can usually see "star" potential pretty quickly... it usually doesn't appear suddenly and a lot doesn't look natural to him offensively. but yes he's been a good defender.
Synopsis
Zelalem Fiker

I said "potential"... And no it's not there... what you see it?

Yeah cuz I've done that.. :oblivious:

You can usually see "star" potential pretty quickly... it usually doesn't appear suddenly... and a lot doesn't look natural to him offensively.

I see it as he continues to do more game by game. He's getting way more comfortable going to the basket
MetaphoricalOne
Point God Perseverance

I see it as he continues to do more game by game. He's getting way more comfortable going to the basket

I mean we can agree that perimeter shooting isn't his strength... so it needs to be driving right?

He's got a good frame, but he doesn't finish "easy" as you'd think someone would like him when going to the rim.. Also seems to play smaller than what he's listed... at least on offense..
Synopsis
Zelalem Fiker

I mean we can agree that perimeter shooting isn't his strength... so it needs to be driving right?

He's got a good frame, but he doesn't finish "easy" as you'd think someone would like him when going to the rim.. Also seems to play smaller than what he's listed... at least on offense..

He's looked like a terrific perimeter shooter since coming back from injury. So if your judging by what you've seen so far, you'll have seen he's been a 40% 3 point shooter since coming back from injury. He barely drives to the rim so how can we even make an assessment on his finishing ability? Some guys develop differently than others, so we'll see how he continues to adjust to NBA defenses once given more opportunity.
Paul Revere
Steph Curry Enthusiast

name 3 players who look better from this draft
MetaphoricalOne
Point God Perseverance

He's looked like a terrific perimeter shooter since coming back from injury. So if your judging by what you've seen so far, you'll have seen he's been a 40% 3 point shooter since coming back from injury. He barely drives to the rim so how can we even make an assessment on his finishing ability? Some guys develop differently than others, so we'll see how he continues to adjust to NBA defenses once given more opportunity.

Just things I've noticed... Guys do develop differently true, but it's another thing if we're talking "star" player...
He hasn't even looked better than Pat Bev in his rook year and he definitely didn't have star potential, but yes a great defender. :work:
Lightskin El LeGawdo

wiggins
mcdaniels
elfrid
Lightskin El LeGawdo

jabari pre injury too
MetaphoricalOne
Point God Perseverance

:notsureif:
Synopsis
Zelalem Fiker

there it was, was waiting for you to insert some rockets players name.
MetaphoricalOne
Point God Perseverance

there it was, was waiting for you to insert some rockets players name.

Yep.. it had nothing to do with you saying this :oblivious:

:lol:

If it was some Rockets player you'd be talking about how he's going to be the next Sidney Moncrief/Gary Payton
Synopsis
Zelalem Fiker

Yep.. it had nothing to do with you saying this :oblivious:

:lol:

those have no correlation. But when Smart is starting next year, revisit this thread/convo

Pages:1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook