Kanye To The: Kanye West

What are the mastering issues with MBDTF?

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

ACooper

The only major ones I can find that really annoy me are pretty much the whole Monster song crackling in my headphones and how Swizz Beatz gets cut off abrubtly in the middle when he says "middle fingers in the air [stop] if you don't really care".

Ron

The only major ones I can find that really annoy me are pretty much the whole Monster song crackling in my headphones and how Swizz Beatz gets cut off abrubtly in the middle when he says "middle fingers in the air [stop] if you don't really care".
That So Appalled clip was intentional, to make it sound more old school.
At least thats what i read.
dexy baby
matty steely

It's very compressed
Jeff Goldblum
Haha hey I'm Jeff ;)

Monster has always been the biggest issue for me. I found it hard to believe a producer like Kanye would allow the track to sound as crappy as it did.
truman

That So Appalled clip was intentional, to make it sound more old school.
At least thats what i read.

Really? I always wonder why they didn't record it again.
ThreeOhFiive
u aint got no yeeezy?

how Swizz Beatz gets cut off abrubtly in the middle when he says "middle fingers in the air [stop] if you don't really care".

This isnt mastering fault.

The engineer has cut the vocals like that and clearly its good enuff for kanye. As a matter of fact im not even sure if he just pronounces it that way bcus i never paid attention to it. Fans just may be reaching

U really dont what mastering is? U dont add anything while mastering, u just fixin the levels and make sure everthing sounds as good as possible, basicly. The recording engineer who also records it mixes and adds things, mastering is whole different thing
ACooper

Monster has always been the biggest issue for me. I found it hard to believe a producer like Kanye would allow the track to sound as crappy as it did.
I can't even listen to it anymore I just have to skip it as soon as the Ye  hook comes on.
Ron

Really? I always wonder why they didn't record it again.
well im not too sure, but i read that several times on these forums.
truman

well im not too sure, but i read that several times on these forums.

btw as that guy said, it's not about the mastering.
My personal thought is that the hook was supposed to be different, and Swizz had already registered one that way. When they changed the hook, they didn't have time to recall SB or maybe they were fine with that version even though it was cut off :dno:
Living So Caucasian
Always had a Ph.D.

I noticed the Monster issue on first listen but on successive listens my ears have slowly adjusted to it sounding like it is.  Now, I can't even notice the difference between it and the GOOD Friday version.
Dolo Mission

I haven't noticed anything wrong with Monster..:dno:
D
I’m sorry that you believe in the wrong thing

The volume levels on a lot of the songs are ****ed up.  There's clipping all over the place too.
MikeDeanOnTheWeeds
BOUND!

On monster the deep vocal sample has static and lost in the world can't be to high on the studio beats,
MikeDeanOnTheWeeds
BOUND!

The Good Friday version was cleaner but there was less bass, but the piano thing sounded smooth too
inFamousKicks

For me all the tracks are just fine. Don't really see why everyone's complaining.   :dno:
oilpit

You know Kanye...always cutting corners.  Especially with production!
MikeDeanOnTheWeeds
BOUND!

For me all the tracks are just fine. Don't really see why everyone's complaining.   :dno:

sometimes you wont tell if ur listening to stereo or earphones
marth

DIAND is the most bothering track for me. There are ticking sounds through the whole song.

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook