Kanye To The: Kanye West

If it wasn't for OF there wouldn't be Kreayshawn, Spaceghostpurrp, or A$AP (not really though)

Pages:1

oard
catch me if you canned goods

lol this is just an interesting thought.. Not saying its entirely correct, cause they all did their thing but its cool to see how they are all connected. (aka the six degrees blah blah blah)

OF cameo in Kreayshawn's Gucci Gucci..again not saying that its entirely because of OF but it had to have a part in why it became viral

OF's Syd played SGP's Suck a **** 2011 at the shows. Everyone was ****ing with it. I mean I did too. I would have never heard of SGP if she didn't play it. and SGP started getting attention for his music from then on.

SGP's music had a heavy ass influence on A$AP with that Trill ****. He has a major part of that "A$AP sound".

And there you go niga

Open for discussion

AboveTheseClouds
bros over hoes, i aint got no heart....... tin man

SKUUUUUUUURRRRR
Thug Life
SUCK MY MUTHAFUCKIN DICK SCOTT THUG LIFE RUN DIS SHIT

So you're saying a ****ty rap group gave birth to ****tier rappers? Interesting.
nativenubian🌙
Giuliani ain't tryna see black men turn to J.Gotti

dawg im a fan of of & **** but this is reaching far as hell , do your arms hurt?
bbc

purrp was influenced by memphis
asap was influenced by the south
cant speak for kreay tho ..but i doubt the of cameos in gucci gucci = influence :work:
oard
catch me if you canned goods

**** I don't mean influence entirely but more like leading an audience of people
like a motha****in baton
dopestain
"Fear and ego is the enemy."

honestly the biggest influence OF had on the rest of these cats mainly stems from the fact that after OF blew up everyone was looking for that next big thing from the internet to blow up. Kreayshawn was the first knee-jerk reaction that resulted in a major label deal (allegedly worth about $1 million), and then ASAP. Although, I think ASAP would have been just as successful without OF going first, I just don't think it would have happened as quickly.

Basically OF made labels think it was OK to put their stock into up-and-coming internet acts with lots of hype. So far, OF has translated internet hype into real world success and I think ASAP is right on the verge of doing the same. Kreayshawn though... lol, oh labels.

Mani

OF is basically a big part of the internet era, I don't believe ASAP arose out of the internet era, he was signed before his mix tape even dropped.

Kreayshawn is also internet era but she's closer to the Lil B and Soulja Boy come up.

The thing all of these artists have in common though are the hipsterish, music artist / video director thing.

And even then, the OF dudes are still ahead of them all tbh.
Blue Hefner

(LIL B VOICE)
"I SONNED DEZE NIGGAS MANE"
Blue Hefner

OF is basically a big part of the internet era, I don't believe ASAP arose out of the internet era, he was signed before his mix tape even dropped.

Kreayshawn is also internet era but she's closer to the Lil B and Soulja Boy come up.

The thing all of these artists have in common though are the hipsterish, music artist / video director thing.

And even then, the OF dudes are still ahead of them all tbh.
Yeah but he had the anticipation of his mixtape off of the songs he already had out (purple swag,peso)
Mani

Dr Phil!! link=topic=177234.msg7025​878#msg7025​878 date=1327961950
Yeah but he had the anticipation of his mixtape off of the songs he already had out (purple swag,peso)

True, still pretty cray. He just got lucky to get signed that early tbh. Not out of the ordinary, but it's a different come up.
BrittanyBeauty
I saw Jay Z and Kanye at the Samsung Galaxy show!

Kreayshawn was **** riding Odd Future hard. I remember on FB there this ad on there that said Like Odd Future? Well check out Kreayshawn or something like that... Everybody thought this chick was like O.F. protege. We all know Tyler, nipped that **** in the bud with the quickness about her. I mean I doubt he hates the chick but he prolly doesn't **** with her like.... aye lets get some food, it's just like oh.... shes from Cali like I am....

I like Gucci Gucci tho that's my ****! SGP had his own little fan base. I wouldn't necessarily give OF all the credit. yeah, Syd played his music at shows but not the whole damn mixtape tho.

The music industry has changed so much I remember artist use to sign 40 million or 80 million dollar deals.
Axele
glitchwave

TheLostBoy

Dr Phil!! link=topic=177234.msg7025​862#msg7025​862 date=1327961903

(LIL B VOICE)
"I SONNED DEZE NIGGAS MANE"

Killa K ☄
livin life like a dream

So you're saying a ****ty rap group gave birth to ****tier rappers? Interesting.

Aged terribly
MemePlug
we still out here, livin like a doctor

i mean most of them came up simultaneously it wasnt like there was a generation gap. everyone in op stared to get big in 2011. and yea they were all cool w/ OF at the time

Pages:1

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook