Kanye To The: Kanye West

Random Movie News Thread! AHHHH!

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 ... 33

Mishima

Leo used to do something like this a while ago. Basically, post any film related news in this thread. It can be about upcoming films, films that are still in theaters, or films of the past. Doesn't matter.

I'll start with some little news from 'The Master' directed by Paul Thomas Anderson.

They were shooting around my place for a minute, in the summer:

Also--Phillip Seymour Hoffman has stated that the movie is NOT about Scientology.

sources: http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com/

August4th

dorian_j will rule this thread lol

can't wait to see Joaquin Phoenix in this !
Msouten
Oh? Am I late?

holy **** your avy is creepy
mmonty86
Fake Oscar Odds! https://reelvoice.wordpress.com/2016/02/28/fictitious-oscar-odds-handicapping-the-2016-academy-awards/

Great way to start a new thread...I've been waiting for more information about the film, or in the very least some discussion about it. Good form, JP.
Msouten
Oh? Am I late?

dorian_j will rule this thread lol

I have an eerie feeling Dorian_j doesn't approve of this thread.......... :ninja:
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

I have an eerie feeling Dorian_j doesn't approve of this thread.......... :ninja:

Now, what makes you think that?
Blaze

I'll take up for dorian_j in the meanwhile...

'Mortal Kombat' Reboot Gets The Greenlight

This spring, 'Mortal Kombat' fans were delighted by 'Mortal Kombat: Legacy,' a series of viral short films directed by Kevin Tancharoen ('Fame,' 'Glee: The 3D Concert Movie') which started as 'Mortal Kombat: Rebirth,' an unauthorized short film Tancharoen directed to prove he could handle a live-action reboot of 'Mortal Kombat' for Warner Bros. Apparently, it worked! Deadline reports that New Line is going forward with a new 'Kombat' with Tancharoen set as director. Oren Uziel will write the script. Watch an episode of 'Mortal Kombat: Legacy,' with Michael Jai White and Jeri Ryan ahead to get a taste of what you can expect from Tancharoen's video game reboot.

http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/09/29/mortal-kombat-reboot/?_r=true
Blaze

Christopher Nolan Considered For 'Twilight Zone' Movie

Variety is reporting that Warner Bros. is in talks with a number of top-tier directors, of which Christopher Nolan is one, for a new Twilight Zone film the studio has in the works. Unlike the 1983 Twilight Zone: The Movie, which featured a number of directors (including John Landis, George Miller and Steven Spielberg) directing different segments, this film would only feature one director and one storyline. According to the Variety report, Christopher Nolan, Michael Bay, Alfonso Cuaron, Rupert Wyatt and David Yates are on the list of directors the studio is courting. Apparently Nolan is the front-runner, but it is unclear as to whether he’d accept such a project.

One of the key factors that places Nolan towards the top of the list, besides having a great relationship with the studio, is that Leonardo DiCaprio (Inception) will be producing the film (along with several others) through his Appian Way company. The current version of the script was written by Rand Ravich and Jason Rothenberg. The storyline is being kept secret, no surprise, but it’s said to be akin to the tone and themes of the 1960s Rod Sterling TV show.

http://www.nolanfans.com/#ixzz1ZXzXpE9u
Blaze

McTeigue's Edgar Allan Poe Serial Killer Film Set for 2012 Release

James McTeigue, the director of 'V For Vendetta' and 'Ninja Assassin', will direct the new serial killer film, titled 'The Raven'. It is written by Hannah Shakespeare and Ben Livingston, and will be a fictionalised account of the last days of legendary poet Edgar Allan Poe, in his pursuit to find an infamous serial killer whose murders are based on his stories. The film will star John Cusack as Poe, Alice Eve, Luke Evans, and Oliver Jackson-Cohen, and is set for a March 9, 2012 release date.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1486192/
f. scott fitzclver
suddenly, my body fell into yours.

Variety is reporting that Warner Bros. is in talks with a number of top-tier directors, of which Christopher Nolan is one, for a new Twilight Zone film the studio has in the works. Unlike the 1983 Twilight Zone: The Movie, which featured a number of directors (including John Landis, George Miller and Steven Spielberg) directing different segments, this film would only feature one director and one storyline. According to the Variety report, Christopher Nolan, Michael Bay, Alfonso Cuaron, Rupert Wyatt and David Yates are on the list of directors the studio is courting. Apparently Nolan is the front-runner, but it is unclear as to whether he’d accept such a project.

One of the key factors that places Nolan towards the top of the list, besides having a great relationship with the studio, is that Leonardo DiCaprio (Inception) will be producing the film (along with several others) through his Appian Way company. The current version of the script was written by Rand Ravich and Jason Rothenberg. The storyline is being kept secret, no surprise, but it’s said to be akin to the tone and themes of the 1960s Rod Sterling TV show.

D:
..ObiJuxn..
Do what thou SHALL

I'll take up for dorian_j in the meanwhile...

'Mortal Kombat' Reboot Gets The Greenlight

This spring, 'Mortal Kombat' fans were delighted by 'Mortal Kombat: Legacy,' a series of viral short films directed by Kevin Tancharoen ('Fame,' 'Glee: The 3D Concert Movie') which started as 'Mortal Kombat: Rebirth,' an unauthorized short film Tancharoen directed to prove he could handle a live-action reboot of 'Mortal Kombat' for Warner Bros. Apparently, it worked! Deadline reports that New Line is going forward with a new 'Kombat' with Tancharoen set as director. Oren Uziel will write the script. Watch an episode of 'Mortal Kombat: Legacy,' with Michael Jai White and Jeri Ryan ahead to get a taste of what you can expect from Tancharoen's video game reboot.

http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/09/29/mortal-kombat-reboot/?_r=true
i thought there was only one episode D:
August4th

I hope nolan takes on the twilight zone

I wonder what kind of twilight zone theme it will focus on
8th

Holy hell D:

Well, if someone was going to do it, he'd be the right guy.
Mishima

I'd rather see Cuaron do the Twilight Zone.
Blaze

Not really news, but most people don't know, so...

Shane Black to Direct Adaptation of Japanese Manga 'Death Note'

Shane Black (Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang) has signed on to helm an adaptation of the Japanese manga Death Note for Warner Bros.  Deadline reports that Black, who was once one of Hollywood’s highest-paid screenwriters (and rightly so), will oversee a script written by Anthony Bagarozzi and Charles Mondry.  Bagarozzi and Mondry are also writing the script for Black’s adaptation of Doc Savage for Sony.  Black says he’s uncertain about which project he’ll do next.

Here’s a brief synopsis of Death Note [via Wikipedia]:

Death Note is a manga series created by writer Tsugumi Ohba and manga artist Takeshi Obata. The main character is Light Yagami, a high school student who discovers a supernatural notebook, the “Death Note”, dropped on Earth by a death god named Ryuk. It centers around Light’s attempt to create and rule a world cleansed of evil using the notebook and the efforts of a detective known as L, and subsequently his successors, Near and Mello, to stop him. The Death Note grants its user the ability to kill anyone whose name they know, by writing the name in the notebook while picturing their face.

And here’s what Black told Deadline about the project:

“It’s my favorite manga, I was just struck by its unique and brilliant sensibility.  What we want to do is take it back to that manga, and make it closer to what is so complex and truthful about the spirituality of the story, versus taking the concept and trying to copy it as an American thriller.”

Dan Lin, Roy Lee, Doug Davison, and Brian Witten are producing the flick.  Death Note has previously been adapted into an anime, Japanese live-action films, and video games.
http://collider.com/death-note-shane-black/70025/

Blaze

Oh well, think of this as a Weekly Ketchup... I'll post whatever I can here and there...
Blaze

Johnny Depp to Adapt Dr. Seuss Biopic

Johnny Depp is developing a Dr. Seuss biopic through his production banner Infinitum Nihil in collaboration with Illumination Entertainment.  Risky Business says Depp is producing “with the potential to star as Seuss.”  I am not sure where this falls on the spectrum of attachment, so please keep your expectations—be they positive or negative—in check.

Illumination is currently animating the finishing touches on an adaptation of one of Seuss’s books, The Lorax, for a March 2, 2012 release.  The biopic, however, will be live-action.  Mostly, at least.  The studio did not rule out incorporating some animation into Keith Bunin’s screenplay.  Universal—another studio with Seuss experience bringing How the Grinch Stole Christmas and The Cat in the Hat to the big screen—will distribute the movie.  Depp’s Infinitum partner Christi Dembrowski as well as Illumination’s Christopher Meledandri and David Kennedy are also on board as producers.  More, including background on the life of  Theodor Seuss Geisel, after the jump.

Read more at: http://collider.com/johnny-depp-dr-seuss-movie/119251/
Blaze

DiCaprio Aqcuires Rights For Don Winslow's Assassin Tale 'Satori'

Warner Bros acquired the film rights to the recent Don Winslow novel Satori as a star vehicle for Leonardo DiCaprio. If Satori actually gets made, Leonardo DiCaprio would play a Western assassin who was raised in Japan and taught the way of the assassin, who then "gets caught up in the chaos of post-WWII as the U.S., Soviet Union, France and China maneuver for power in Southeast Asia in the early 1950s." Don Winslow will again team up with screenwriter Shane Salerno (Aliens vs Predator - Requiem; cowriter of Armageddon), after also recently working together for Oliver Stone's upcoming adaptation of Winslow's novel Savages.

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 ... 33

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook