Kanye To The: Kanye West

David O Russell compares Jennifer Lawrence's workload to "12 Years of Slavery"

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Rino

Considering she’s highly compensated, is he totally out of pocket? We get it that Jennifer Lawrence has been pushing herself to her limit doing big franchise films like “Hunger Games” and “X-Men” but recently David O. Russell, who directed her in “American Hustle” and “Silver Linings Playbook” likened her experience to slavery!

Via NY Daily News Confidenti@l reports:

About this time last year, Jennifer Lawrence was suffering from pneumonia and fearful she wouldn’t make it through awards season. Now, her “American Hustle” director David O. Russell, worries the 23-year-old star he directed to a “Silver Linings Playbook” Oscar, is close to pushing herself over the edge again.

He blames “The Hunger Games” franchise.

“I personally think they should give her a bit of breathing room over there because they’re printing money,” Russell exclusively told Confidenti@l at Friday’s Australian Academy’s AACTA Awards held in Los Angeles. “But she’s a very alive person.”

“I’ll tell you what it is about that girl — talk about 12 years of slavery, that’s what the franchise is. And I’m going to get in so much trouble for saying that.”

Russell further compared “The Hunger Games” to a “hamster wheel,” claiming Lawrence takes on more artistic roles as a “vacation” of sorts. The franchise has produced two films over the past two years with another pair on the way.

The AACTA International Award for Best Screenplay went to “American Hustle” writer Eric Warren Singer and Russell. Lawrence took home best actress.

Well he’s right about one thing, he’s definitely going to get in trouble for saying it. We get the point but we’re pretty sure he’s going to be apologizing soon enough.

Hard work or not, long days on set for healthy paychecks do not even come close to the horrors of slavery!

Source

dawg
son did not just say this
i mean
what
this ain't gonna end well

Xclusive

here we go
pt.
king feige

Chrizby

Mr. Sir
sup

in on first page
freebread
i heard your bitch still wears ecko

fake
Mr. Yeezy
I am not famous anymore

abandon thread b4 the elitist come
Brine
when did I edit this

out
Mr. Sir
sup

I really don't get the hype around David O Russell
Mr. Yeezy
I am not famous anymore

ill wait until a more reliable source confirms
Mr. Yeezy
I am not famous anymore

I really don't get the hype around David O Russell
didnt like AH, but otherwise hes a solid director
Mishima

very poor choice of words, much like the dialogue in his films.
Mr. Sir
sup

didnt like AH, but otherwise hes a solid director
Of the films I've seen of his I only enjoy Three Kings and The Fighter
Harford

in

out
dudeLove

Bossip :hah:
Mr. Yeezy
I am not famous anymore

Of the films I've seen of his I only enjoy Three Kings and The Fighter
i also really liked I Heart Huckabees and SLP

I think The Fighter is the closest hes gotten to a "great" movie though

still, I always admire his screenplays, he just always has a problem of breaking out of the fact that his films are essentially an all star game of actors reading a screenplay. SLP and The Fighter for me are the closest films he has that are more than just that.
Arkitek Embiid
Marry Me Rashida Jones

Even if this was true, what's the problem with saying she put in the same or more workload than the nigga from 12YAS?

Australiathegawd

This guy did not say this. :hah: It's stupid as hell but I'm quite sure O Russell isn't racist but he ****ed up if he did.

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook