To keep KTT a friendly place where real discussion can take place there needs to be rules. These rules are simple to follow, but are often broken by some. If you do not follow these rules then you WILL be banned.
1. No illegal/copyrighted material unless it is a free track such as GOOD Friday or something.
2. No explicit material, partial nudity in avatars is not allowed. If it wouldn't be suitable for viewing at work or school then it is not acceptable for KTT.
3. No spamming of your site or anything else.
4. No insulting or harassing other members. DO NOT post other people's personal information (potential permanent ban). And no harsh flaming of new members. You were new once. Make them feel welcome. Most importantly: respect other people's opinions and the fact that their opinion is just as valid as yours.
5. No stupid meme images, pointless GIFs, or other stupid posts in the Kanye West, Music and other serious sections. There is a Miscellaneous section for jokes and things like that. This includes "first post", "first page", "reserved post" (unless there's a legitimate reason for reserving a spot), "selling post for X dollars", etc. posts. This forum is for genuine discussion, and posts like these are a waste of space. If you do this you will receive a warning and possibly a minimum 24 hour ban.
6 IF YOU DO NOT LIKE A THREAD, DO NOT REPLY TO IT Do not make posts like "k", "This thread sucks/is pointless", "You shouldn't have made this thread", "BAN!", etc. Replies to any thread (especially in the Kanye West, Music and other serious sections) like this, or any other off-topic attack on the thread/user will result in a minimum 24 hour ban and a reminder to follow the rules.
7. When posting a topic, try to use a descriptive, complete title. Example: "Who agrees that Kanye's..." isn't a good title, but "Who agrees that Kanye's new album is amazing" is. And "OMG!" isn't a good title, but "Check out this Kanye interview video from 2007" is. (Actual example).
8. Link to sources for important information, and do not post fake sources. If you don't have a source, make sure people know it's not confirmed, and just something you heard. But don't try to pass it off as a legit.
9. Starting fights/raids with other forums/sites under the KTT name will not be tolerated and will result in a permanent ban.
10. "X vs Y" threads, or any type of thread comparing artists or albums, etc. are no longer allowed outside of the designated "X vs. Y" section. This includes "X >>> Y" and any other form these types of threads may take. [Read more on this].
11. NO "Free X" posts about KTT members will be tolerated. If members disagree with a fellow members ban, they can contact an Admin and it can be discussed and possibly re-evaluated. Spamming the forum with posts about your friend's ban may result in your own.
12. No Alternative accounts. If you're banned, you're banned. The alt accounts will be banned and if you continue to make them your original account will be banned too.
Taunting administrators and deliberately pushing/testing the rules will result in a ban. You know what you are doing, and we know you know. So don't complain when you are banned.
We expect all members to read these rules before posting. For everything else not listed here, use your common sense. (E.g., we haven't listed "don't make a post in the Marketplace section offering to sell heroin", or "don't try to organize a terrorist attack" because these things are obvious). So if you are banned for something that isn't explicitly stated in the rules, but anyone that any reasonable person would understand is not acceptable, that doesn't mean you're somehow off the hook.
The KTT Team.