Kanye To The: Kanye West

The OCD iTunes Crew (Clean iTunes Tutorial in OP)

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 ... 275

Sparky

I'm sure I'm not the only one that likes to have HQ album covers, producers labeled, and my itunes clean as ****. Just post in this thread if you need help finding a producer to label in your itunes, or just get ideas from people how to label something in general.

Symptoms of iTunes OCD include:

- willingly lends out their iPod to show off its superiority to other iPods
- looks for flaws in other people's iPods and ridiculing them
- adds songs to their iTunes library just for the pretty album art
- deletes songs/albums that clash or interfere with the look of their iTunes library
- dissing Windows Media Player
- having urges to go on the computer just to admire their iTunes

Sparky’s iTunes Cleanup Guide

iTunes OCD is a chronic condition that many people on KTT share. If you are someone that hasn’t been bitten by the bug yet, but wants to: pay attention. First off the way I have my itunes is covers have to be over 1000 x 1000 resolution to give that nice HQ look. (Click pictures to enlarge) A le:

Notice my singles are labeled under “Album Name” As “Song Name – Single”
Here’s an example of one of my album’s labeled. I have the release date for each album labeled and every feature on a song is “Song Name (feat. Artist Name, Artist Name & Artist Name).” If it is a double disc, as featured below, You place the number “2” in the second box of the disc section. Then place song numbers accordingly.

For UNRELEASED songs, I grab one of the covers that you can easily find on KTT. Just go to google images and google “Artist Name Unreleased Kanyetothe.com”. Then place the number of unreleased songs you have in the “song number” box. For example, I have three Rocky songs here. For the Album Title I place “Artist Name: Unreleased.” I then place the year each song was released in each of the song info boxes accordingly. iTunes will automatically place the latest year as the album year.

Lastly, I label each album or single with a specific sub-genre or genre depending on what is listed first under the Wikipedia album article. I also place the producer or producers’ name(s) under the composer tab like so: “producer, producer”.

RANDOM HOUSEKEEPING:
*For compilation albums I place the group name such as “G.O.O.D. Music” as the Artist Name and then just place (feat. Artist, Artist & Artist) under the song name.
*If I am unable to find a producer for a song, I simply write “No Producer” under the composer tab.
*If you all have any more questions how I organize my ****, or how others do, just ask in the thread!

HOW TO PUT EXPLICIT/CLEAN TAGS FOR SONGS:

Download Mp3tag for windows (not sure how to do it for Mac since i dont have a mac)

1. Drag Original song to the desktop (or anywhere u would like because u will need it by the end)
2. Right click on the song u want to change the explicit tags for and click "Create AAC Version"
3. When its done, Delete the original song in itunes so now you should only be left with the newly created AAC file.
4. Next right click on the newly created AAC file in itunes and click "Show in Windows Explorer". The file should open up in the location (if u let itunes organize your files it should be in the Music--> iTunes ---> iTunes Media ------> Music folder) that it is actually stored in on your PC
5. Now you need to right click on the song, in the windows explorer view, and click "Mp3tag". Mp3tag should now open with that lone song listed in the box under filename.
6. Right click on the song again (in MP3Tag) and click "Extended Tags". A Box showing the tracks metadeta should now be showed.
7. Click the yellow star button (Artwork is to the right of it and the metadata box is to the left)
8. A small box asking u to enter the Field and Value should now be showed. Now you simply type in "ITUNESADVISORY" in the field box and u simply type "1" in the value box and click  OK. then click OK again and close out of mp3tag
9. Now right click the song in itunes and click "Get Info" or u can simply play the song (this basically makes the explicit tag visible on the file in itunes)
10. Right click on the song in itunes and click "Show In Windows Explorer" again. Delete the file in  the folder and then Drag the original file u backed up earlier (i keep mine on the desktop) into the same folder that u just deleted the AAC file from.
11. Finally right click on the song in itunes and click "Get Info". It should now ask you to locate the file. You simply locate the file (it should be in the itunes folder if u let itunes organize your files) and once you locate it u then double click on the file and TADA

U now have a MP3 song with explicit tags on it without hurting the quality of the file

*NOTE*** if you remove the MP3 song from iTunes then try to re add it u will lose the explict tag and u will have to do all these steps over again

Shoutout to Black Excellence for the tag tutorial!

Helpful Programs

iTunes Export (Be able to export playlists, all songs, etc. onto a flash drive.) http://www.ericdaugherty.com/dev/itunesexport/

iTunes Sync (Be able to sync your itunes with most non-recognizable media players.) http://www.itunesfusion.com/

iTunes Folder Watch (Automatically recognizes if new music is added to a folder and adds it to iTunes for you) http://albumbrowser.klarita.net/itfw.html

If you want iTunes quality artwork just go the the album or single page you want
(like here https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/take-care-deluxe-version/id479760323)

Then right click on the artwork and click this

Then change the measurements from the url (Some urls may look different but just change the measurements)

There are certain measurements though.
100x100
150x150
170x170
200x200
400x400
450x450
600x600
1200x1200 is the biggest
http://a1.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Features/d9/e4/f5/dj.libydfni.1200x1200-75.jpg

(This can also be done with the Online Google Play store)

2k4
im gucci u polo

in

named "Future Presents F.B.G.: The Movie"
Jet.

in

Still using Itunes 10? Was wondering if I could get that layout on itunes 11.
Drizzy F Weezy
& The "F" is for Fucking !

I don't get how alot of the people on here that claim to have "iTunes OCD" use weak ass album covers made by ktt niggas , the **** , i keep it 100 on my album covers , even if the original sucks i still go with it , if it doesnt have any i just leave it like dat .
Reindeer of the Roc
Roc.

in

Can't **** with the 'ft.' at all.
3Ktothe

I need help sorting out genre's tbh.. Like What do you label an R&B track that has alot of hip-hop?
Drizzy F Weezy

me either , it has to be (Feat.) for me .
Sean

How many times has this thread been made.
Nc.Section Mod

Reindeer of the Roc
Roc.

me either , it has to be (Feat.) for me .
I have to have (featuring ____ ) :ninja:

but ya, feat. looks better than ft. :hah:
Drizzy F Weezy

I have to have (featuring ____ ) :ninja:

but ya, feat. looks better than ft. :hah:
ft looks so 2004 Aresish
Jonas Jonas
nikkas is actors; nikkas deserve Oscars

i improve upon my library every day
Reindeer of the Roc
Roc.

ft looks so 2004 Aresish
Especially without brackets. Ghetto ****.
CocaineNumb

Ayyy, we in dis
Diddy
Future Amadeus Mozart

Song Name With A Capital Letter For Every Word (feat. Artist, Artist & Artist)
HQ cover
Producer in "Composer"'s field
Reindeer of the Roc
Roc.

The most organized thing in my life is my iTunes.
Karamu
laughing @ you imo

^^^^^
Dex
Days Before Rodeo

I'm too ocd

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 ... 275

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook