Kanye To The: Kanye West

Fat Joe Pleads Guilty to Tax Evasion, Going to Jail for 2 Years

Pages:1

ColeSection Mod
Supermodel

Rap star "Fat Joe" faces up to two years in prison after pleading guilty Thursday to failing to pay taxes on nearly $3 million in income over two years.

The performer, whose real name is Joseph Cartagena, entered the plea in federal court in New Jersey because some of the companies he earns money from are incorporated there.

The 42-year-old Miami Beach, Fla., resident entered pleas to two counts covering years 2007 and 2008 but his sentencing will take into consideration the government's initial allegation that he failed to pay income taxes for years 2007 through 2010. Federal prosecutors said the total tax loss to the government for those four years was $718,038.

Cartagena lawyer Jeffrey Lichtman said his client "had already taken steps to resolve this situation" before he was charged. He said the rapper hoped to pay back the taxes by the time of his sentencing April 3.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/rapper-fat-joe-pleads-guilty-tax-evasion-article-1.1224522

Bet he ain't smiling no more

Diddy
Future Amadeus Mozart

:hah:
kn

I don't get how all these rappers keep having tax problems. Stop buying expensive crap and pay your taxes. It's not hard.
Reindeer of the Roc
Roc.

Damn.
BlackLion
no - name - 27 #WETHENORTH

I don't get how all these rappers keep having tax problems. Stop buying expensive crap and pay your taxes. It's not hard.
they buy 80 gold chainz and go ignant.. no time for taxes
Tracy Midgrady

:hah: street cred fail
Woodpecker
-------<|-_-|>------

Tracy Midgrady

Old 50 would've had a field day
TASK FORCE VIGILANTE
BasedGod Protectorate League "TASK FORCE KTT"

Old 50 would've had a field day

Haha with both Ja Rule and Fat Joe in jail
would be hilarious
Soo Diff

get your hands out of my pockets!
Kinvay Bullitt
Act II: Patents of Nobility (The Turn) 2013

Tax lawyers be handing out L's to these rappers
Manhattan Clique
Momma, look at ya son, what happened to my smile?

I was bumpin 50 as i read this :hah:

Pages:1

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook