Kanye To The: Kanye West

is it just me or are nice clothes too fucking expensive?

Pages:1 2 3 4 5

ktothe2
She's not a fan of Gospel, but a sucker for the organ.

Clothes should never be "expensive" one should always buy clothes relative to their price range. If everyone could afford the same clothes it would be dumb and for the lack of a better term "communistic"

There are well made clothes at any price range

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Something is expensive if it costs a lot of money. Regardless of my price range, I may have a taste for certain clothes that are expensive. Anyone can buy awful looking clothes at a cheap price. But if I wanted to buy clothes that I think (in my opinion) were nice and their prices were high, they would meet the definition of being very expensive. So what, my tastes are inappropriate because they don't suit my price range?
If everyone could afford the same clothes it would be dumb and communistic?

The cost of making expensive clothes, is more or less in line with the cost of producing the clothes for the general public. The wholesale value may differ, albeit slightly. Firms just choose to charge higher so they can market their brand differently.

Clothes should never be expensive....communistic....bahaha

So what, corporations are there to organize classes and stuff for us?

You there! What are you doing liking Armani? GET OUT OF THE LINE YOU CHEEKY BUGGER!

if anything such a system is inviting Marxist thought by pitting one class against another because you're saying they should virtually be left behind from engaging in certain market activity. a CAPITALIST system would say, "there are people who like our designs but they can't afford it. by advertising our brand to the general public we'll reduce our wholesale costs, sell more product and then make MORE money."

communistic....bahahahaha

NickyEyesSection Mod

uhh, the term expensive most certainly has different meanings for everybody. If you're rich, things aren't necessarily expensive to you.
ktothe2

there's absolutely no reason for shoes to cost more than 100 bucks except for the fact that they're diamond studded or something else that personifies american idiotic extravagance. when nike releases the forms detailing expense costs, or when people find leaked forms, the costs tend to be no more than like 10-20 bucks for each shoe. there's no need for a margin that's like 1,000%. they're utilizing and exploiting the same cheap labor and export processing zones as wal-mart, payless, and any other store where the prices aren't as high.

i mean when these people have "clearances" and "sales" they're merely accepting a lower margin on the product to move more volume to offset potential loss and still maintain profit. they're not LOSING money or anything lol
NickyEyesSection Mod

wal-mart is an awesome company.
ktothe2

yeah, wal-marts amazing. i worship them every night before i pen them a couple odes
M.A.

Mens' clothes are expensive so I hope you schedule a sex change sometime in the near future
Micha
So dope you overdose...

asos.com

Just saying... That site is awesome. But I still buy ridiciously expensive clothes sometimes...
jockjersey

Just saying... That site is awesome. But I still buy ridiciously expensive clothes sometimes...

How's that working out for ya?
ktothe2

Mens' clothes are expensive so I hope you schedule a sex change sometime in the near future

thinking about it.
Micha
So dope you overdose...

How's that working out for ya?

It's alright, I mix it up. :)
Drizzy F Weezy
& The "F" is for Fucking !

complaining about expensive clothes is just stupid.

those companies are not forcing you to buy their stuff,you buy what you can afford period

in my case,i buy expensive clothes but i'm not rich or poor i'm a middle class man that spends his paycheck in 2 clothing items haha
TOMS

1. forever 21 sells really nice clothes for men.

2. i buy my clothes from walmart sometimes.

3. shut the **** up fmp. i'm really sick of seeing you around in the forums.
rocingforwest

3. shut the **** up fmp. i'm really sick of seeing you around in the forums.
he is pure spam
Drizzy F Weezy
& The "F" is for Fucking !

what the **** forever 21 sells man clothes too !!! ??

are you sure ?
dmbp
@_dmbp

Well, first off your title is very misleading.

"Nice clothes are too expensive?"

Don't you mean "Expensive clothes are too expensive?"

Nice does not equate to being expensive.

There are a lot of companies that make some stuff that are very poor in quality (Lanvin being one of them).

You are putting "expensive" clothes on a pedestal and calling them nice 99% because of the name.

Compare Aldo to any designer that makes shoes. Chances are, you'll find a pair that are very similar. But what makes Aldo shoes cost 50-100 usd instead of 500+? The material could be a reason, the craftsmanship another.

The price of Calf Leather (which a lot of high-end designers use to make their shoes) cost alot more than synthetic leather.

Another major reason as to why "expensive" clothes cost what they do is because where they are made. Making something in a major nation rather than a third world country is like night and day when it comes to wages. The wages directly correlate with the final sale price.

But back on the real topic... You said that

Anyone can buy awful looking clothes at a cheap price.

Yes anyone can do that, someone can also buy awful looking clothes at an expensive price.

Someone can also buy nice looking clothes at an expensive price.

And furthermore, someone could buy nice looking clothes at a very cheap price.

You are being ignorant thinking all nice clothes have to be expensive.

And yes, brands and companies are a subtle way of telling what class someone belongs to.

So what what your question again?

Oh and why do all nice cars have to be expensive?

I mean like, mine was only 30k USD brand new. I wish i had another few hundred grand to blow, I'd so buy an Aston Martin, since that's actually a nice car.
dmbp
@_dmbp

Oh, and you mentioned Nike shoes being fairly cheap. I agree, but lets compare Louis Vuitton craftsman and their environment to that of a Nike worker.

the guy at 0:49... if you buy something from LV, you paid for his jacket

King.

Thrift shopping >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

you will get it one day :work:
ktothe2

And furthermore, someone could buy nice looking clothes at a very cheap price.

I happen to agree with this because...
like i said, sometimes when you wait, stores will have clearance and if you spend some time looking you'll get a nice shirt from forever 21, macys or H&M, but you gotta really look to get a nice one. every now and then jc penny's can have a nice shirt too but clothes from jc penny's isn't all that nice unless you have a button down and other generic dressy stuff

Another major reason as to why "expensive" clothes cost what they do is because where they are made. Making something in a major nation rather than a third world country is like night and day when it comes to wages. The wages directly correlate with the final sale price.

I see you posted without reading any of what has been mentioned before. not a problem.

This is the dumbest **** I've ever heard. Major fashion companies don't use different contractors than let's say Nike or Wal-Mart. they all pretty much get their clothes from the same place. for example, just checked some pair of ralph laurens i got on sale (got it for 25, was 100) and they were made in china. ralph lauren supposed to be a "luxury lifestyle" brand. it ain't making any of its products in an OECD nation.

they're utilizing and exploiting the same cheap labor and export processing zones as wal-mart, payless, and any other store where the prices aren't as high.
i mean when these people have "clearances" and "sales" they're merely accepting a lower margin on the product to move more volume to offset potential loss and still maintain profit. they're not LOSING money or anything lol

As far as the calf leather...which brand uses that?

Well, first off your title is very misleading.
"Nice clothes are too expensive?"
Don't you mean "Expensive clothes are too expensive?"
Nice does not equate to being expensive.
There are a lot of companies that make some stuff that are very poor in quality (Lanvin being one of them).
You are putting "expensive" clothes on a pedestal and calling them nice 99% because of the name.

Hmmm...that's funny. I don't think I did say that nice clothes were nice because they were expensive. This is made clear because preceding this frivolous back-and-forth exchange, I clearly pointed out that if you were to delay your purchase you could find yourself a bargain.

However, I am griping, or merely ranting, about how some of the nice clothes I do fancy happens to be expensive. That's not to say that all nice clothes are expensive, or all expensive clothes are nice. I am however bringing forth a general point about all clothes that contain high retail prices...not just nice ones.

And, as its documented by a few alter-globalization activists, companies that DO advertise their brand to appear as if people of wealth purchase it, are merely doing so to form advertising campaigns for people of the middle class. This was proven by how a number of luxury brands began adapting their clothing to fit the 'hip-hop' lifestyle, and fitting it with more multiracial characteristics. If they were regulating social classes through subtlety, the wouldn't have marketed their products to the middle class, or in the case of marketing it to African Americans, you're pretty much marketing your products to lower-middle class or those in poverty (just the statistics, I don't like it anymore than you do).

Reducing the price would break the image though.

Your Louis Vuitton video is comical. That video is most likely produced or pay for by the company itself as promotional material to promote their brand.

The facts though? Same labor.
"Ms. Hewson and Bono initially resisted the idea of manufacturing in China, feeling that doing so would run contrary to the brand's mission. LVMH executive Mark Weber told them, 'If you want to argue with the Chinese, you better have the same standards for the governments in Africa,' recalls Ms. Hewson."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704358904575478310504593870.html

And with labor in China...comes export processing zones that operate under little public oversight and virtually no labor laws, and without taxes. it's actually subsidized.

Pages:1 2 3 4 5

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook