Kanye To The: Kanye West

Creepy/Paranormal Thread Part III

Pages:1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 724

LatinoLocoSection Mod
I am haunted by humans. -Death

Bloody Bucket Road

Bloody Bucket Road isn’t the real name of this sinister road in Wauchula, but that’s what everybody calls it because of allegations of what happened there many years ago. There is also a bridge called Bloody Bucket Bridge that is connected to the story of this road, but whether or not any of the legend is factual or fiction is hard to determine.This paved road runs south off of Main Street in Wauchula and in the daytime doesn’t really look all that threatening, but drive farther down this road and cross the bridge and things start looking a little different, at least in the moonlight.

If you keep going you will eventually come out on Route 64 that runs between Zolfo Springs and Avon Park. The road was once a dirt road called Rhinehardt or Reinhart Pass Road, and is said to be a hundred years old, which is a fact since it can be found on pre-1900 old maps. Now you have the facts, but the rest of the story comes from locals who profess to have some knowledge about how the road got its creepy name.

Many years ago an ex-slave woman came down from Georgia with her husband and settled in Wauchula. She served as the midwife for the community and allegedly had delivered several hundred babies. Being concerned that some families already had too many children to feed, the woman decided to help out by eliminating a few right after birth. She would smother the babies and take them down to the bridge and bury them in the woods along the river. People became suspicious after so many babies had died while being delivered by her. Some said that she was deranged because she could not have children of her own or that her children had been taken from her while she was a slave.

After people refused to allow her to deliver any more babies the woman went crazy. Then the souls of the babies came back to haunt her. It is claimed that she could sit beside a bucket and it would fill with the blood of all the infants she had killed. She would empty the bucket and it would fill with blood again. She wore herself out carrying the blood filled buckets to the bridge where she would empty them in the river. One day while emptying a bloody bucket in the river, the old woman fell in and drowned. For several days following her demise the river ran red with blood. That is how the bridge became Bloody Bucket Bridge and I suppose the name carried-over to the road.

How much of the story is true is hard to determine, however there is some evidence that it might have been promoted in a Halloween story by an amateur writer in Wauchula. Whether the writer made-up the story or used an existing yarn is not known, but it certainly created momentum for a legend.

LatinoLocoSection Mod

The Evil Black Hound

The old Newgate Prison harbors one of London’s most terrifying apparitions, that of an evil black hound. The legend dates back to the reign of Henry III, during a period of extreme famine, where prisoners were alleged to have gorged upon one another to survive! One of these victims was said to have been a sorcerer of the darkest arts, who claimed near death that he would seek revenge on the inmates. A fascinating account originates from the pen of a Luke Hutton, who was an inmate in the 1500s, and hanged in 1598. This oft-repeated version of the beast comes from 1638, entitled 'The Discovery of a London Monster' and reads as follows:

I maintained that I had read an old Chronicle that it was a walking spirit in the likeness of a blacke dog, gliding up and down the streets a little before the time of Execution, and in the night whilst Sessions continued, and his beginning thus.

In the raigne of King Henry the third there happened such a famine through England, but especially in London, that many starved for want of food, by which meanes the Prisioners in Newgate eat up one another altue, but commonly those that came newly in..there was a certain scholar brought tither, upon suspicion of Conjuring, and that he by Charmes and devilish Whitchcrafts, had done much hurt to the kings subjects, which Scholler, mauger his Devil Furies, Spirits and Goblins, was by the famished prisoners eaten up…

With vengeance promised by the prey: …nightly to see the Scholler in the shape of a black Dog walking up and downe the Prison, ready with ravening Jawes to teare out their bowles; for his late human flesh they had so hungerly eaten, and withal they hourely heard (as they thought) strange groanes and cries, as if it had been some creature in great paine and torments, whereupin such a nightly feare grew amongst them, that it turned into a Frenzie, and from a Frenzie to Desperation, in which desperation they killed the keeper, and so many of them escaped forth, but yet whither soever they came or went they imagined a Blacke Dog to follow, and by this means, as I doe thinke, the name of him began.
LatinoLocoSection Mod

The Highbury Hunchback

Mr Stock moved into his home in Highbury during 1849. Although the door number was 13, Mr Stock was not prone to superstition. And the overhanging trees and overgrown garden also did not deter Mr Stock. The rent was cheap, and that was the main thing.

Mr Stock employed a housekeeper, a Mrs Brown. Their first night at the property was a little strange, because as Mr Stock retired to bed, on passing a window he noticed not only his own reflection, but one of a very ugly, almost hideous looking man. Again though, Mr Stock had more important things on his tired mind. The following night whilst reading a magazine in bed Mr Stock dozed off but suddenly awoke. In the glow of the candle he noticed an old woman at the far end of the room. Eerily, the door began to open and the haggard figure slinked out the exit. Mr Stock’s yell alarmed Mrs Brown who comforted him but told him it was just a dream.

Two weeks went by without event, until that night he returned home from the theatre. With candle in hand Stock crept wearily upstairs. Staring once again, possibly by habit now, at the window, Stock noticed in the reflection that someone was following him up the stairs. Turning round he saw a terrifying apparition. A ghastly, wretched face almost obscured by a head of wild, shaggy hair. The figure had a hunched back, and its face was illuminated by some unnatural light. The sinister ghoul clutched a table knife in one dirty paw, and slowly ascended the stairs, step by step, towards the cowering Mr Stock.

Bizarrely, as the figure came closer, Stock realised that the monstrous spectre was completely oblivious to his presence, gliding by him on the stairwell and heading towards Stock’s bedroom. Stock, almost frozen with fear, found the strength and courage to follow the intruder. The beast reached the door, turned the door handle slowly and entered. Stock peered over the shoulder of the wraith at a distance, just in case the hunchback suddenly became aware of Stock, who clearly at this point was not on the same astral plateau.

Stock then saw the elderly woman he’d seen in the ‘dream’. She looked petrified as the hunchback leered with menace and approached her. Suddenly, the door slammed shut by the force of the wind. Stock reached for the handle, desperate to free himself from the horror about to unfold. However, when he quickly glanced back at the room, there was no terrified woman, and there was no evil hunchback. Stock ran downstairs and spent the remainder of the dark hours with gaslight in full flow.

Shortly after, Stock was brave enough to search the house but found no other presence or sign that anyone had been there. However, he did find that many years ago the house had been inhabited by a woman and her rather deformed son. Rumour had it that the woman left home and allegedly died abroad and the hunchback stayed in the house, never venturing in to daylight. Local word said that the reclusive figure then mysteriously vanished.
LatinoLocoSection Mod

1989 Voronezh, Russia: Alien Creature Opens Fire on Teens

One of the most disturbing and certainly interesting stories of alien visitors is also one of the most under-reported today.  The Voronezh visitors appeared not only in a crowded par in front of dozens of witnesses, but displayed a peculiar but very specific type of technology.  They also opened fire on witnesses with a mysterious ray gun that caused at least one teen to vaporize instantly - only to return moments later in front of his friends.  To this day the incident is often swept under the rug, but the witnesses to the events that unfolded that day reportedly are still haunted by the terror they felt that cold day in September.

Contrary to popular belief, the incident did not actually begin on September 27th necessarily, but rather began with a series of mysterious unidentified flying objects which were reported through the skies just before the incident occurred.  As witnesses began excitedly telling one another of the mysterious objects spotted in the city of approximately 800,000.  As the incident was unfolding only 300 miles from Moscow, it quickly gained the attention of the Kremlin newspaper TASS.  But TASS instead sat on the reports as they did not fit with what they normally reported.

Then the 27th happened.  A group of teenagers and school children were playing at approximately 6:30 in the afternoon when a strange object slowly and silently descended on a clearing nearby.  As the crowd of dozens were attracted by the sudden appearance of something so out of place, the hatch beneath the mysterious hovering object opened.  What they saw would haunt the witnesses for the rest of their lives.

A creature stood with a short domed head topped by three glowing eyes that stared down at the area beneath the craft it was residing in.  The creature was enormous, and according to witnesses could not have been smaller than 9 feet tall.

The creature eventually emerged from the craft along with two others and a strange robotic companion with a series of buttons on its front allowing it to spring to life and begin studying the area.

Soil samples were taken and the creature the witnesses took to be the leader projected a holographic series of triangles around the area that presumably indicated places to study or scan.  As the creatures each went on with their work, one of the teens was overwhelmed with terror and screamed.  The leader immediately set one of his eyes on the frightened youth and he was frozen as if in suspended animation.

As they finished their work, the creatures suddenly vanished from sight only to return with what some described as a "pistol" and vaporized one of the nearby teens in a beam of light.  As the creatures returned to their ship the teen reappeared and fled the scene.

The craft quickly took off and finally vanished into the air as the frightened youths struggled to make any sense out of what they had seen.  Tass, the Soviet Newspaper decided it was finally time to reveal to the world that something unusual was going on in the USSR.

And that's not where the strangeness ends with the case.  Cave paintings unearthed later in Australia depict three eyed humanoids of the exact description given by the witnesses of the Voronezh incident so well that it has left researchers wondering if the two incidents could somehow be linked.
LatinoLocoSection Mod

The Tortured Ghost of Jack the Ripper

Jack the Ripper is one of the most mysterious and feared figures in the history of London.  Though his final identity was never confirmed, there are hundreds of theories surrounding this shadowy murderer.  But as some have suggested, if you wish to learn the identity of the terrifying serial killer that finally ended his reign in 1891, you may be able to catch a glimpse of him on December 31st, when he jumps off the Westminster Bridge - every year.

The name Jack the Ripper was first given to the culprit of a series of murders after rumors that the series of deaths throughout the Whitechapel Area may have been connected - and the unusually brutal manner in which the victims were killed was linked from one to another.  The first few victims, often referred to as the "canonical five" were linked by newspaper reports and the wildly popular "penny dreadfuls" outlining the murders in the most sensational way available at the time - even including rumors at the time that Jack the Ripper could be inhuman.

But these events gradually went away altogether, though they were soon followed by a series of what are believed to be "copycat murders" which lasted after 1891, but didn't fit the modus operandi of the now infamous "Jack."  The case was left unsolved, but London would never finally see justice in the case of Jack the Ripper.  Years passed, and the mythology of the Ripper eventually outweighed the individual incidents themselves in the eyes of the public.

But there was another legend that served as a sort of epitaph of the original Ripper lore.  It was said that on December 31st as Big Ben tolled its last few notes of the year and the echoing sound could be heard throughout the city streets and down the Westminster bridge you could see a figure torn in despair as he stumbled down as if a remnant left of the old year.  And finally amid the new year's celebrations the cloaked ghost would be largely unseen except by a select few as he jumped from the bridge into the river.  This ghost, as the legend goes, belongs to the never truly identified Jack the Ripper.

While it seems reasonable Jack may be so overwhelmed by guilt over his murders, some have speculated that it may actually be some other equally mysterious factor that tortures his soul to this day.  Some have said the ripper was interested in the transition from the 19th to 20th centuries, but this is partially due to a quote that was erroneously attributed to him in the book "From Hell" and later the film of the same name.  The reality of it is the ripper didn't make many mentions of the transition from one year to the next, nor did he give any indications that he would be taking a dive off the Westminster Bridge.  How can those who see the ghost positively identify him as the ripper?  Those who have seen him say there's no mistaking it - there falls the tortured ghost of Jack the Ripper.
LatinoLocoSection Mod

The Orphan's Ghost

A case worker on the midnight shift of a detention center, once an orphanage, learns the dark secret of the building's tragic past -- and why a mischievous orphan's ghost still lingers

Buildings that have been the sites of great misery, anguish, trauma and sadness are often haunted by the spirits of people who suffered there. Unfortunately, to humanity's profound disgrace, in the 19th century orphanages were sometimes these kinds of horrible places, and the ghosts of children have been found to linger in surviving buildings. Mickey C. was a social worker in one of these former orphanages, where he encountered the spirit of a small boy. This is Mickey's story....

When I was 27 in 1981, I took a job in North Chelmsford, Massachusetts as a case manager in a maximum security juvenile detention center. The buildings on the grounds were built circa late 1800s as a state-run orphanage. The main building was used as administrative offices, chapel and class rooms. The buildings were abandoned in the late 1960s, then purchased in the late 1970s by the Robert F. Kennedy Action Corps, which renovated the main building as a detention center that housed teen offenders deemed too violent to be in conventional correctional institutions.

It was a large building, and all the windows were covered by heavy steel mesh screens to prevent cutting or prying. Every room was securely locked and needed a key. The rec room comprised half the second floor and had a vaulted ceiling with twelve windowed eves. Originally, it was the orphanage's chapel.

WATCHED AND FOLLOWED

When I was hired, I was assigned as one of three night case managers or, basically, caretakers. One of our responsibilities was to vacuum the rec room. This was fine at first, but then I started getting an uncomfortable feeling while up there. I always had the sense that someone was watching me. I even could tell where this "person" was - in one of the window eves. When I would turn to look, it seemed that I just glimpsed someone ducking into the eve before I could see him clearly. I don't know why, but I sensed that it was a boy and that he was "playing" with me.

Then strange things began to happen. I would be vacuuming and the vacuum would just stop. Defective vacuum, right? It only did this in the rec room. I had to do hourly security checks, and as I was walking down the hall I could hear someone walking behind me, taking steps when I did and stopping when I did. I could sense sadness, but also the mischievousness of a kid.

I finally expressed these creepy feelings at one of the weekly staff meetings. Later, my supervisor took me aside and told me that when renovations were taking place, many weird things were reported. Lights would go out then come back on. The electronically locked cell doors would spring open. Footsteps without people were heard. They were all dismissed because it was an old building going through renovations.

THE DARK SECRET

My supervisor said she suspected something supernatural and did some research on the orphanage. She found that it was a terrible place where the kids were abused, mistreated and housed just for state funds. The kids were numbers, not names.

She also found out about a death there. A nine-year-old boy supposedly hung himself in the chapel - now the rec room where I had my strange experiences. My super asked me to show her where I felt this "person" I spoke of. I took her to one of the eves and told her that this is where I sensed the boy's presence. She said that this was the window where the boy supposedly hung himself.

After this, I wasn't fearful anymore. I started talking to him when I was up there. It actually seemed to get comfortable when I was there. My super warned, however, that she feared many spirits were in the building and that it was a bad choice for the Corps to house a detention center.

She was right.

UNSETTLED

One night I reported for my shift. Not to be melodramatic, but it was an eerie night. A thick fog had settled on the grounds. On report, I was told that it was a rough evening. The kids were agitated and very unsettled. One kid was in the "time out cell," which is a cell, empty and padded from floor to ceiling. She was restless and pacing. She kept murmuring incoherently and we couldn't settle her down.

One of the other kids was beating on her cell door, complaining that her room was full of big black bugs. During the midnight shift, we were not allowed to open the cell doors unless it was an emergency. But she kept insisting that big black bugs were everywhere in her room! Well, I hate bugs and would not want to be locked in a room with them. I got the other two workers and we followed procedure. We handcuffed her and backed her out of her room. The other two workers held her against the wall and I searched her room. I couldn't find any bugs. One of the other workers also searched and could not find any bugs. We put the kid back in her cell.

I kept checking on her because I felt bad. I sneaked her in a few candy bars and asked that she try to go to sleep, and she told me she would. At around 2:00 a.m. everyone finally settled down and went to sleep. The other two workers and I were sitting in the office and talking about how weird the night was. We just completed a cell check and everyone was asleep.

THE GHOST LASHES OUT

There was a secret stairway leading from the first floor lobby to the director's office. It was behind a wall, but we all knew about it. We started hearing someone walking up the stairs and banging on the door to the director's office. I went up the stairs and checked, but of course there was nothing. I unlocked the office and everything was fine in there. I went back to our office.

Suddenly, "someone" started banging on the mesh screens covering the windows. It came from everywhere! Boom! Boom! Boom! It was like someone was trying to rip the screens off the building. We all jumped up. I ran to the room of the girl who saw the bugs, my coworker ran to the time out room, and the other worker flash lighted the remaining cells... but everyone was sleeping.

Yet the booming continued and we couldn't figure out from where. I grabbed a spotlight and had one of the workers let me out of the building. As soon as I stepped outside, the booming stopped. I walked the perimeter of the building, but there was no one. The first floor of the building was actually one story up, so no one could have been banging on the screens from the outside without a ladder.

I don't know what happened that night. Eventually, I was put on day shift eventually and given a case load. Unfortunately, funding was lost after a year and the center eventually closed. The buildings are still there. The last I heard, which was over 15 years ago, Lowell State University bought the compound for dorms.
LatinoLocoSection Mod

The Possession of Joseph and Theolbald Bruner

Most cases of possession can ultimately be explained by medical and psychological causes, but in some cases there is no easy medical answer and the supernatural is the only reasonable answer.  The case of Joseph and Theobald Bruner was a a tragic one that baffled all the medical professionals of the time.   Their case is one of the most striking and violent cases of demonic possession ever recorded.  The records of the local priest say that the possession began when both boys began drawing pictures of devils and demons on the walls in their bedroom.  They would whisper to the demons at night and treat them as friends.   Shortly after, the boys began going through terrible physical contortions.  Their limbs would lock together in unnatural positions and they couldn't be unlocked.   They would arch their backs backward in impossible positions and speak in languages they had never heard.

The symptoms became worse with time and eventually their bodies would begin to bloat.   Shortly after the bloating, the boys would vomit a lovely mixture of foam, feathers, and seaweed.   They vomited all manner of things they had never eaten and many of the objects they vomited weren't even available at the house they lived in.  The boys were constantly covered in seaweed and feathers and vomit no matter how often they were cleaned. Their beds levitated and objects in the room around them were flung about inexplicably.  The boys also gained psychic abilities and were able to predict the deaths of people in the village.  The boys parents eventually sent the boys away for the exorcism ritual and spent the rest of their lives at the St. Charles Orphanage.  During their stay at the orphanage they told the nuns that they were "The Lord of Darkness."  It took four years to exorcise the boys, during which time they lived in constant torment

Even after the exorcism, there was no happy ending for the two cursed children.  One boy died shortly after the exorcism at the age of 16 and the other boy died at 25.   The case of the Bruner boys still baffles people to this day.   Assuming that the priests and witnesses weren't lying, no natural explanation for what happened to the Bruners has been found.  If their case wasn't an elaborate hoax perpetrated by an entire village, orphanage, and the clergy,  it is one of the most conclusive cases of possession.
LatinoLocoSection Mod

Lady Jane's Ghost

The Tower of London is haunted by a multitude of ghosts.   It is no surprise that the tower crawls with ghosts, since the suffering of legions waiting for death and torture occurred in this stone structure.   The ground is saturated with the blood of those who practiced the wrong faith or followed the wrong kings.   Lady Jane Grey is one of the many ghosts that walks the halls of  The Tower of London.  She is also one of the most tragic figures that wanders the tower.

Lady Jane Grey was a victim of  her plotting uncle.  He wanted to take the throne from Mary Tudor, the daughter of Henry VIII, before Mary succeeded the throne.  Lady Jane was the granddaughter of Henry VII and was thus loosely connected to the succession.  Lady Jane's uncle married her to Guildford Dudley and the two claimed the throne of England.  The two young people were idealists and believed they were taking the throne to save England from the Catholic leanings of Mary Tudor.   Jane Grey was only 16 when she took the throne.   She was deeply in love with her husband and completely unaware of weakness of her claim.   She was an intellectual who loved books and a romantic who believed that she and her husband could change England for the better.  She ruled for nine days before Mary Tudor claimed the throne. 

Jane was forced to watch her husband die before she was executed in the tower for treason.  She prayed as she was taken to the slab.   She was beheaded on Tower Hill on February 12, 1554.   Since that time she has been seen wandering the tower on many occasions.   Guildford Dudley has also been seen weeping in the tower.   The best documented siting of Lady Jane occurred on February 12, 1957.  A guard saw the phantom lady standing above him in the battlements.  He called out to the other guard and he also saw the lonely lady walking above them in the cold night air.
Star

Great thread. Props to LatinoLoco
LatinoLocoSection Mod

Great thread. Props to LatinoLoco

thanks man.

Haven't updated much lately; Watch The Throne hype has taken over my life for the past week.  lol

LatinoLocoSection Mod

UFO....Flying Entity?

I was in Jalisco, Mexico visiting family and sites. When I came home and uploaded my picture, I saw this object in one!

The Man
Craft beer and Sufjan #summer2k15

My friend and I went to go see the Paulding Lights last night in Paulding, Michigan. If you don't know what they are this is an example(not my video).

A few showed up, we got there after they came up more frequently but we saw a few show up, really unexplainable. They have been on fact or faked(good show) and apparently even the military checked it out and they had no explanation. Pretty wild stuff and if you live close(I don't but I was staying 3 hours away with my friend so we said **** it) you should go, it's a neat experience. Just ignore all the high school kids enjoying their first time alone with beer and it'll be fun.
LatinoLocoSection Mod

My friend and I went to go see the Paulding Lights last night in Paulding, Michigan. If you don't know what they are this is an example(not my video).

A few showed up, we got there after they came up more frequently but we saw a few show up, really unexplainable. They have been on fact or faked(good show) and apparently even the military checked it out and they had no explanation. Pretty wild stuff and if you live close(I don't but I was staying 3 hours away with my friend so we said **** it) you should go, it's a neat experience. Just ignore all the high school kids enjoying their first time alone with beer and it'll be fun.

Cool stuff.  I wonder what they are.  Were they quite bright or more faint?
The Man

Cool stuff.  I wonder what they are.  Were they quite bright or more faint?
They were definitely bright. Some people there said that they get even brighter sometimes than what we saw but it was still interesting.

Some people say they are headlights since there's a highway about 5 miles behind there but idk, the lights seem wayy too bright for them to be headlights and plus, a show "fact or faked" tested headlights and it didn't work. Soooo
LatinoLocoSection Mod

They were definitely bright. Some people there said that they get even brighter sometimes than what we saw but it was still interesting.

Some people say they are headlights since there's a highway about 5 miles behind there but idk, the lights seem wayy too bright for them to be headlights and plus, a show "fact or faked" tested headlights and it didn't work. Soooo

Interesting stuff man.  Thanks for sharing!
The Man

Interesting stuff man.  Thanks for sharing!
Yeah, it was definitely worth the drive. It's out in the middle of ****in nowhere though. You have to drive through a bunch of desolate towns to get there too.
LatinoLocoSection Mod

The Whistling

The Whistling Sound or “El Tunchi” is a scary legend from Peru about an evil spirit that haunts the rainforest.

The whistling sound is a well-known legend in the Peruvian rainforest. Stories about the evil spirit they call El Tunchi have been passed on from generation to generation in Peru. They say it is the ghost of a troubled man who wandered off, became lost and disoriented and died in the rainforest.

His evil spirit now roams through the forest, whistling at those unlucky enough to cross his path. His whistling sound is high-pitched and as it goes on, it gets louder and louder until it is almost unbearable. “Fiu fiu fiu fiu fiu fiu fiu”.

The natives who know the story say that if you hear the whistling sound, you must beware. Make the sign of the cross and say a prayer. Cover your ears if you must, but never acknowledge that you hear anything. If you do, the sound will only get louder as El Tunchi draws nearer and nearer. Whatever you do, you must never answer El Tunchi’s whistle. If you whistle back, El Tunchi will come for you and kill you in the most hideous way imaginable.

Legend has it that there was a young Catholic nun, named Sister Bernadette, who had just taken her vows in Spain. She was sent to Peru as a missionary and joined a group of older nuns who had been living and doing charity work in a small village in the rainforest.

Soon afterwards, the nuns took a trip by boat to visit a remote village in the rainforest. That night, the nuns gathered in the center of the village to say the rosary before going to bed. This was a tradition they observed every night.

During the second Hail Mary, the young Sister Bernadette interrupted the prayers.

“What is that whistling sound?” she asked.

The older nuns did not answer her and continued with their prayers.

“Can’t you hear it?” she asked again. “It’s a high-pitched whistling sound.”

“There’s no whistling sound”, replied one of the older nuns nervously.

“You must hear it”, insisted Sister Bernadette. “It’s almost like the sound of a fingernail scraping against a blackboard, but it’s somehow different… like the whistle of some strange creature.”

“You don’t hear it and neither do we”, hissed another nun.

The old nuns all eyed eachother nervously and remained silent. Sister Bernadette was surprised by their bizarre behavior.

“What? You must be able to hear it! It’s getting louder! It’s awful!” she cried, and with that, she began whistling, answering the strange sound.

The moment the young nun answered the whistling sound, it abruptly ceased. Sister Bernadette continued whistling, despite the protests of the other nuns. The older nuns blessed themselves, making the sign of the cross, and said a prayer.

The nuns all went to bed as usual. That same night, while they were all asleep, they heard a piercing scream coming from the room in which Sister Bernadette was staying. The older nuns rushed to help her, but when they opened her door, they recoiled in horror.

The room was covered from floor to ceiling in blood, and Sister Bernadette was nowhere to be found. Days later, her body was discovered deep within the rainforest, hanging from a tree. Her throat had been torn out and her arms and legs were broken and twisted at odd angles. Most distressing of all was the look of unimaginable horror that remained frozen on her face.

Officially, she was listed as having been killed by a wild animal, but the old nuns knew what had happened to her. The local villagers had told them all about El Tunchi and the terrible fate that awaited anyone who answered its strange whistling call.

Another story involves a 14-year old girl whose father was working as an English teacher in a small village in the Peruvian rainforest. One day, the girl was looking out the window when she spotted a dark shadow moving through the forest. She heard a strange whistling sound and began to answer it.

The teacher returned home to find his daughter standing at the window, whistling a strange tune.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

“Whistling at that dark figure over there in the trees”, she replied.

The teacher froze and the hair on the back of his neck stood up. He had heard the legends about El Tunchi and knew what was happening. In a panic, he grabbed his daughter and dragged her upstairs to her bedroom. He bolted the bedroom door tightly and closed the shutters on the windows.

The young girl was terrified as she watched her father get down on his knees and start lighting candles. She was crying and asking her father what was wrong, but all he would say was “El Tunchi! El Tunchi!” Suddenly, she heard an almighty crash against the door to her bedroom.

Without thinking twice, her father pushed her into the closet and locked her inside. Then he broke the key off in the lock. Inside the closet, the frightened girl could hear her father crying and saying prayers.

Just then, she heard the bedroom door burst open and her father began screaming in horror. The bedroom windows shattered and glass rained down on the wooden floor. The girl covered her ears as her father’s screams faded off into the distance.

The next morning, the girl was found by one of the villagers who was investigating the damage to the house. She was taken to a hospital and treated for shock. Her father had disappeared and his body was never found. The girl was adopted by her aunt and uncle and even today, she still sleeps inside a locked closet at night. She says she lives in fear that someday El Tunchi is going to return for her.
LatinoLocoSection Mod

Tell Me The Way

One dark night, a 15-year old girl named Lydia was walking home from her friend’s house. She turned down a narrow street to take a short cut and was startled by the sight of an old man standing in her path. When she stopped, the old man turned to her and in a hoarse voice said “Tell me the way!”

His face was disgusting, his skin covered in scars and boils, his hair stringy and unkempt, his eyes bulging horribly, almost popping out of their sockets. Lydia was terrified. She was alone in a dark and narrow alleyway with a strange and disturbing person. Her heart began pounding and it took her a few seconds to catch her breath.

“Tell me the way!”, the old man demanded.

“OK… OK…uh…. Where are you going?”, asked Lydia, nervously.

When the old man told her the address he was searching for, a chill ran down her spine. It was her house.

“I don’t know where that is”, she replied curtly as she pushed past the old man and ran down the alleyway. Glancing back, she could see him standing in the alley, watching her flee.

Lydia was so freaked out by the incident that she didn’t stop running until she got back to her house. Breathing a sigh of relief, she took out her keys. She looked up and down the street to make sure the old man hadn’t followed her. It was empty.

She turned the key, unlocked the door and pushed it open.

From the darkness inside her house, a hoarse voice said “Tell me the way!”

Pages:1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 724

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook