Kanye To The: Kanye West

Creepy/Paranormal Thread Part III

Pages:1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 698

What movie are you watching this Halloween?

The Exorcist
Insidious
Poltergeist
Paranormal Activity
The Blair Witch Project
The Grudge
Psycho
Rosemary's Baby
Halloween (1978)
The Shining
A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Conjuring
Hellraiser
The Orphanage
The Ring
REC
The Omen
LatinoLocoSection Mod
I am haunted by humans. -Death

The Mysterious Whipporwill Valley Road

What's a New Jersey town without at least one creepy legend? Any sprawling town with acres of woods and nearly 350 years of local history must have at least one, right?

In Middletown, that legend is called Whipporwill Valley Road — a dusty, unpaved roadway that snakes through the Chapel Hill section of town and where it's rare to see another person.

Through the years, a handful of tragic events has given this road an air of legend and mystery. It's not surprising, then, that this winding dirt strip has taken on a sort of cult status for local teens who consider driving down the road in the middle of the night with friends an adolescent rite of passage.

Legends told over the years (and cited by Weird N.J. magazine) include:

Seeing and hearing witches.

A tall, looming tree that takes on human shape after dark.

A mysterious, rogue truck driver who wildly races up and down Whipporwill Valley Road.

Several Middletown teens who have driven on the road said that, while they have yet to actually encounter any of these purported presences, the road does possess an indefinably creepy feel.

One Middletown High School North senior, Joe Clements, 18, has gone as far as making a video of himself and friends driving down the notorious road in the dead of night.

Titled "Driving on Whipporwill," the video starts off with a narrator ominously explaining: "Six friends set out on what they thought was a harmless trip to Whipporwill Valley Road."

The video ends suddenly when the car full of screaming teens spots something, in affectionate homage to "The Blair Witch Project." Clement's video can be viewed at YouTube.com.

Another popular legend attached to Whipporwill Valley Road tells of witches burned at the stake when Europeans first populated Middletown in the 1700s, according to Weird N.J.

According to the legend, before the witches were burned, they placed hexes on all the local farmers who had accused them. All the farmers reportedly died 10 months later of a mysterious, undiagnosed illness.

Ironically, the farmers are said to have been buried just 10 feet away from the witches, who were buried 10 feet outside of the town cemetery. Some visitors who have driven down the road, according to Weird N.J., say they have felt bumps in the road that could have been the original graves.

In time, the witch legend was forgotten, but revived years later in the early 1960s, when remnants of an abandoned mansion that stood in the Whipporwill woods burned to the ground.

While the appearance of the supernatural has never been verified scientifically, Whipporwill Valley Road has a well-documented history of tragic and bizarre incidents.

The most recent incident happened in December 2006 when the body of Nello Caizza, the 76-year-old caretaker of a private residence at 160 Whipporwill Valley Road, was found submerged in near-freezing pool water. Police said Caizza had, apparently unknowingly, driven a John Deere tractor over the pool's plastic cover, which ripped, sending him and the tractor into the water.

Caizza, who had managed the 44-acre property for roughly 20 years, was pronounced dead at Riverview Medical Center in Red Bank. The death ultimately was ruled an accidental drowning.

When Fred Lazzati, 58, a worker for the Middletown Public Works Department, wasn't spotted by his co-workers on Sept. 1, 1989, they assumed he had come in early, as was often the case, and already was at work in another area.

About 8 a.m., workers found Lazzati's body near a road grader on Whipporwill Valley Road near Chapel Hill Road.

His death upset coworkers in the department, where he had worked for six years.

Public Works Director John McGowan at the time described Lazzati, of Viola Avenue in the Leonardo section, as "your basic construction guy; a hard worker."

Lazzati, who had a heart condition, died from a massive heart attack, the coroner ruled.

On March 6, 1982, Nancy Clark of Fair Haven was stabbed to death by Thomas W. Baliff, who had picked up Clark while she was hitchhiking. Her fully clothed body was found in an area off Whipporwill Valley Road.

Baliff, who was AWOL from the Marines at the time of Clark's murder, pleaded guilty, admitting he stabbed her several times with a 6-inch double-bladed bayonet. He was convicted of murder and is serving a life sentence in New Jersey State Prison in Trenton.

Baliff, now 48, made an appeal for parole in 2004 that was denied by the New Jersey State Parole Board.

There also have been a few near-fatal accidents along the dirt road. On Dec. 17, 2006, two boys — Alex Nazath, 17, and Andrew Aulicino, 16 — rescued three teenage girls whose vehicle had swerved off the road and landed partially submerged in a creek adjacent to Whipporwill Valley Road.

Aulicino used his pocket knife to cut the seat belt that one of the girls still was wearing.

Roughly two years earlier, two Monmouth County men stole a Jeep from a Highlands driveway and crashed it on Whipporwill Valley Road.

Police found the stolen vehicle unoccupied, but arrested the two men based on their fingerprints found on the vehicle and from a telephone call made on a mobile phone that was left accidentally in the Jeep.

Middletown police arrested Ronald Remp, 23, of Keyport and Christopher Martin, 19, of Highlands. The two young men were eventually convicted of auto theft and given two- to four-year sentences.

LatinoLocoSection Mod

How To Summon A Succubus Or Incubus

This article should be for general knowledge and reading pleasure only. Our readers are discouraged to test it out or try it. Life is too precious to end it.

This spell was apparently popular in the Victorian age, because occult things were considered to be in fashion back then. If you're really keen on witchcraft and want to try summoning one or some other kind of demon, I suggest doing more research and find a different version of the spell. There are many spells for summoning demons for example. It takes very little effort to simply change the name of the demon to Lilitu or Lilim. Most spells like that require that you actually know the demon's proper name however.

Clearly mark the floor with a white chord and take 3 black candles (or 5) and place them equidistant apart.

Outside the circle, have 3 or 5 (same number as candles) protective talismans or sigils around you.

Also, if possible, create an outer circle made from crushed protective herbs mixed together. Calm yourself and relax.

Center yourself. Now, visualize the circle around you, protecting you and separating you from the rest of your house. This is *essential*.

Once you have done that, and the candles are lit, lay in the pentagram position (arms straight out, legs apart) and summon the succubus (I suggest this over an incubus because of the different nature of a succubus over an incubus).

Feel her come into the circle and feel her power. Feel her coalesce into a physical, or semi physical form and now you'll be able to interact with her.

She should be easier to invoke and banish than a Incubus and I suggest a successful encounter with her followed by a successful banish of her before attempting the more aggressive Incubus. Always do these at the new moon.
badhabits.
I'll admit it

:allears: ****

LatinoLocoSection Mod

The Burned Black Book

The burned book of Mitar Tarabich contained some of the most accurate predictions ever recorded regarding our century.  The prognosticator which has remained in relative obscurity next to Nostrodamus and Edgar Cayce told those around him that the world would be a far different place than it was when he died in 1899, but despite being illiterate and rarely traveling himself or studying the world, Tarabich made his mark by telling of the future, and most of his prophecies have come true.

Tarabich, a devout Orthodox minister’s son had visions of the future which he would share with those who would record it.  Years later the predictions he had made as visions would be locked away after a fire claimed some of the words he had spoken and they would be lost forever.  But many of them remain even today.  As time went on, Mitar’s uncannily accurate prophecies would become known to the locals as the Black Prophecy.

“Those who will read and write different books with numbers will think that they know the most.  These learned men will let their lives be led by their calculations, and they will do and live exactly how these numbers tell them.  Among these learned men there will be good and evil.  The evil ones will do evil.  They will poison air and water and spread pestilence over the seas, rivers, and earth, and people will start to die suddenly of various ailments.  The wise will look for wisdom in meditation rather than numbers.”

This one is interesting because of the advent of the Internet.  What is a computer and indeed all communication via computers aside from a series of calculations and numbers?  And of course as the Internet grows there are more and more people contributing to it and learning from it.  But rather than looking to popular opinion few are still looking at independent thought and meditating within themselves for the answers.

And then there is the prophecy he made about people drilling into the Earth for their energy.  At the time it made no sense.  Oil drilling did not begin until 1850 and even then in the Serbian village of Kremna where Mitar was living it would not have likely reached him that oil was how the novelty contraption known as the automobile was going to be powered or that it would catch on.  Indeed most by this point were under the impression the horseless carriage would be a strange but ultimately useless contraption.

Mitar also predicted the invention of television, suggesting a device would be created that had images using something very similar to radio waves.

But there are other things Mitar predicted as well, including a disturbing revelation about a form of non-lethal weapon.  The device would be a bomb that made people fall asleep rather than dying and cover a vast area of land.  Ultimately in the end Mitar said only Australia would remain unaffected by this third and final war.  He also alluded to a mysterious city to look for with a cross on three mountains.
James Ennis
Best James to ever play for the Heat srs

LatinoLoco is a beast, I ****ing love this thread  :yay:
LatinoLocoSection Mod

A Very Odd Pic Of An Impossible Reflection -- Looking For Explanations

Here's the story:

Hi,i have a photo of my son taken at Edinburgh zoo at the penguin display.He is standing at the glass where you can view the penguins.In the photo he is standing with his hands together and in the reflection his hands are apart by over a foot and in different positions.There was only one photo taken not 3 or 4 also he was standing still.The camera is cannon digital approx 3-4 years old,not a hd camera. Had advice from leading camera shop and they cant explain it. any help would be great thanks

I'm not saying it is paranormal in nature, but it certainly bizarre.  Any camera/photograph junkies that can give a logical explanation for this reflection?

LatinoLocoSection Mod

Creatures That Lurk Below

England’s famous London Underground railway-system serves Greater London and parts of the surrounding counties of Essex, Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. It’s also the world’s oldest underground network of its type: services began on January 10, 1863 on the Metropolitan Railway. And while the overall Underground itself is not, of course, a secret location, it certainly has had more than its fare share of classified, off-limits sections during the course of its long and, literally, winding existence. Not only that: the Underground has had more than a few connections to the strange world of Forteana, too.

At the height of the Second World War, when the Nazis were engaged in widespread bombing missions on London, the deep tunnels of the Underground were used as safe-havens for the populace of the nation’s bomb-scarred capital. Also, during this same time-frame, a part of the Central Line was clandestinely converted into an aircraft-factory, while the Brompton Road Station was massively reconditioned: it became a secret anti-aircraft control center. And, for a while, none other than the British Prime Minister of the day, Sir Winston Churchill, used the defunct Down Street Station as a secret haven from which to carefully plot pulverizing retaliation against the swarming forces of Adolf Hitler.

According to some, however, the London Underground is home to much more than just tracks, trains and countless commuters: deep within the intricacies of this sub-surface maze of dark and old tunnels, distinctly strange and terrible things are said to lurk. And the British Government, not exactly in control of the darkness that is spreading uncontrollably beneath the ancient capital city, is determined to keep the truth of these terrifying, underground secrets steadfastly away from the eyes and ears of both the public and the media. One case stands out as being particularly intriguing.

Maureen Abbott saw what she describes as a large black panther [in reality, black panthers are simply melanistic big-cats, such as cougars and leopards, whose bodies contain an over-abundance of dark pigmentation] that was racing along the track as she stood, alone, awaiting a train on the Bakerloo Line, late one Winter evening in either 1954 or 1955, while in her late-twenties at the time. Describing the animal as running very fast, she said that as it passed her, it quickly looked in her direction, with a menace-filled frown on its visage, before vanishing into the darkness of the tunnels. Although Abbott did not see the creature again, she has never forgotten her brief, terrifying encounter with the unknown, deep below the city of London.

And there is a very curious sequel to Abbott’s encounter: two-days later, she was visited at her home by a government official who, while the pair sat and drank cups of tea, advised her, in fairly relaxed tones, not to talk about the experience. Of course, to a degree, this aspect of Abbott’s story inevitably conjures up and provokes Men in Black-style imagery. If true, it suggests that elements of the British Government may wish to keep exceedingly quiet the fact that wild animals are on the loose in the heart of London’s old tunnels. A sobering thought, indeed!
LatinoLocoSection Mod

A Strange And Personal Story (Not Mine)

“The reason I’m writing is to share with you a situation I found myself in 12 years ago. I’ll try not to bore you with too many trivial details, but please bear with me.

“In 1998 I left my home in Geelong, VIC, to travel around Australia. I got as far as Townsville, Nth QLD, where I met up with a friend named John. He’d been living in Townsville for about 12 months. I had known John through mutual friends in Geelong, and had always found him charming and intelligent. To cut a long story short, we began living together in a relationship.

“For the first couple of weeks everything was fine, as you would expect in such circumstances. Then, suddenly, there was a change in him that was completely unexpected and extremely unsettling. He had what I can only describe as a psychotic episode, and began accusing me of being unfaithful. I should point out that at the time he was smoking quite a bit of marijuana and drinking fairly heavily. That first night he was completely irrational, and scared the wits out of me. He wasn’t physically violent towards me, but was very cruel emotionally and mentally.

“I left the bedroom (where we had been arguing) and went into the dark lounge room to gather my thoughts. While I was sitting on the couch I heard a distinct laugh not far from me. I knew it wasn’t John as he was still ranting and raving in the bedroom. I then saw a tall (perhaps 7 ft) very dark shadow moving down the hall to the bedroom. Thinking that what I had heard and seen was perhaps caused by stress, I didn’t give it much thought. The situation had settled down somewhat by the time I went back to the bedroom, and I managed to go to sleep after a while.

“During the night I woke up needing to go to the toilet and got out of bed. When I opened the bedroom door I was confronted by a man standing in the doorway of the spare bedroom. I knew immediately that he wasn’t “real” (I’ve had a few “visits” from my brother, who died almost 20 years ago, and it always amazes me how there is no fear involved when I’ve seen him), but I was quite confused as to who he was and why he was standing outside our bedroom door. He was quite distinct, which was something new for me as I usually just see shadows.

“He was perhaps 6 ft tall with dark hair and bad teeth. The sneer on his face is something I’ll never forget. He asked me where I thought I was going. I told him I needed to go to the toilet, and he said I had better make it quick. It seems quite ridiculous to me now that I should have had to explain myself to some unknown entity, but it didn’t faze me in the slightest at the time. If anything, I was annoyed by the fact that I had to pass some weird sort of roadblock just to go to the toilet. Anyway, this began to happen regularly. Sometimes he would appear quite distinct, at other times he would just be a dark shadow. Always, though, he would demand to know where I was going.

“While this was going on at night, things were getting strange during the day. John was working close to home, and I was looking for a job. The “thing” would go to work with John, and I would feel the atmosphere in the house lighten, but then just as suddenly I would feel the presence back in the house and I’d know that I was either going to get an unexpected visit or phone call from John. He would burst through the front door and start looking in all the rooms, in the wardrobes, under the beds. It was so bizarre at times that I would wonder what the hell I was doing, but at the time I was completely isolated from my family and friends. In hindsight, I can’t believe I lived like that, but I felt trapped and very confused at the time.

“I didn’t know what the “thing” was. At first I thought it was something that had attached itself to me, and was trying to get rid of John, but eventually I realized that it was the other way around. It was keeping him under its control with drugs and alcohol. I started to think of it as the monkey on his back. I would often see it in shadow form standing behind him just before we had a huge argument. When I got a full-time job it would visit me at work, and I knew that when John came to pick me up after work we were going to have a fight. I was turning into a nervous wreck.

“In 2000, we moved back to Geelong. Things didn’t improve, and one day I came home from work to find the house empty. Apart from the kitchen utensils and crockery, everything else was gone, including the “thing.” I was upset of course, but also relieved, and started to pick up the pieces. Eventually John got back in touch and told me that he had gotten off the drugs and stopped drinking. We met up a few times to talk, and I was impressed by how well he looked and how I didn’t see or feel the “thing” around him anymore. After a few months he moved back in and things were going really well.

“Then one day John came home with drugs and the “thing” was back. We had a huge argument about the drugs. I was upset and crying, and I went to the bathroom to splash some cold water on my face. When I had my face down in the hand basin I suddenly had a feeling that John was behind me with a knife in his hand. I quickly lifted my face up, and in the mirror above the basin I saw the dark shadow behind me in the doorway (it was in broad daylight) and I ran into the lounge room where John was lying on the floor watching TV. He quickly looked around as I came into the room, and before I could say anything he asked me where my knife was. When I asked him what he meant, he told me that he had just gotten a feeling that I was standing behind him with a knife in my hand. When I thought about it later, I realized that if the lounge room wall wasn’t there, the “thing” had been standing directly behind both of us at that very moment. I was now very worried that someone might end up getting hurt.

“My brother’s wife had a friend in Hoppers Crossing who was a very successful psychic, so I went to see her for some advice. I had visited her a few times socially, and my impression of her was that she wasn’t easily intimidated, but the day I went to see her she got very spooked. She described the “thing” to me as the most evil thing she’d ever seen. It had her rattled, to the point where she cut our session short and almost pushed me out the front door. She told me that I needed someone more powerful than her to get rid of it. I have no doubt she smudged her house to within an inch of its life after I left!

“Not long after that I was at work and I got a phone call from John, accusing me for the hundredth time of seeing someone behind his back. I felt the “thing” in the room with me, and after John had abused me and hung up in my ear, I told it to take him and never come back. Sure enough, I got home to find the house empty again. It was so peaceful. After 5 traumatic years I couldn’t believe how nice it was to be rid of both of them. John got in touch after a few months to tell me that he was back on the straight and narrow, but I didn’t even bother to meet up with him. The best part is that I’ve never felt the presence again.

“Well, if you’ve got this far without hitting delete I’d just like to say thanks for reading this. I’ve often wondered whether it really was an evil spirit, or maybe I was seeing John’s addictions in another form. I just know that I never want to go through anything like it again.”
LatinoLocoSection Mod

The Purple Church

Lore: The Purple Church is a rumored location of Satanic worship. According to legend, on Saturdays with a full moon a virgin is sacrificed to 'The Dark Lord'.

Location: The Purple Church is in Spencer, Oklahoma, near the border of Midwest City past the intersection of 63rd & Douglas Blvd. Travel until you get to the 'spooky' part with trees hanging over the road, blocking the sky (only happens during the Summer months when the trees have leaves). Go further and you will come up to a small hill. The entrance to the path that leads to the Purple Church is located on the right.

LatinoLocoSection Mod

Unexplained Mysteries Of Screaming Skulls

Skulls that supposedly horribly scream or cause any type of poltergeist or ghostly phenomena and/or activity. In many cultures and countries skeletons have, perhaps understandably, been associated with death and haunting. However, a peculiarly English preoccupation, in terms of ghosts and hauntings, has been with the skulls alone — skulls which bitterly resent any indignity offered them.

The tradition of screaming skulls seems to be almost entirely isolated to England, where stories of these mischievous bone locked spirits abound. A screaming skull is basically a skull of dubious origin, said to cause great havoc - storms, poltergeist activity, and (given its namesake) unearthly screams - when it is removed from its pride of place within a stately home, or other ancient abode. Just how each skull came to reside within the house, is the subject of colourful stories, which also explain why the skull is so unwilling to return to the grave.

Many of the stories about the skulls origins do not stand up to the scrutiny of investigation, but the actual tradition itself bears interest, and can be seen as a folklore motif widespread throughout the English counties.

It has been suggested that the tradition of screaming skulls may be related in some way to a fragmented ancient tradition, associated with the reverence for the head. The Celts in particular were worshippers of the head. There have been many archaeological finds from the Iron Age to suggest that this is so, from skull shrines to the plethora of carved stone heads. The tradition has also been passed down in the Celtic Myths, from Bran's sacred head to the beheading motif found in Cu Chulainn and other folklore. The only problem with this theory is that the tradition of screaming skulls seems restricted to England, and is not found in Wales, Scotland and Ireland. Counties where you would more readily expect to find fragments of surviving Celtic traditions. So whether there is any connection with older traditions is difficult to quantify, and as the stories do not seem to date back further than the middle of the 16th century the tradition may be relatively new.

In some stories these skulls have almost become the 'luck' of the house, in much the same way as some stately homes and castles have an heirloom, which in tradition must be kept safe to maintain good luck for the home and the family. Here is a selection of some of the most famous and well-documented screaming skulls in Britain:

The Screaming Skull of Bettiscombe Manor

Perhaps the most famous screaming skull is the one that resides at Bettiscombe Manor in Dorset. The tradition (which has many variations) to account for its presence suggests that it was the skull of a black servant of the manor some time in the distant past. It was his dying wish to have his body returned home to the West Indies, - the land of his fathers. Unfortunately the master of the house - a man called Azariah Pinney - had no intention of returning his earthly remains to the West Indies, and he was interred locally in Bettiscombe Churchyard. Soon after his burial terrible screams and strange guttural noises issued from the grave, and the house was plagued by poltergeist activity. Finally after the local villagers and family members could take no more, the skeleton was recovered and brought into the house, whereupon the haunting ceased. The bones of the skeleton became lost over the years until only the skull remained. Any attempts to rebury the skull are always said to have resulted in the same disturbances.

One owner - who was disgusted at the grisly relic - is said to have thrown the skull in a nearby pond only to be plagued by all manner of unearthly screams and groans throughout the night. Inevitably he is said to have quickly retrieved the skull from the watery depths to restore it to its pride of place. In another story the skull was buried in a deep hole in a hasty attempt to be rid of its presence. The perpetrator was shocked to discover that the skull had somehow burrowed itself out of the depths, and was met with its empty eyed stare in the morning, as it sat waiting to be returned to the house.

There is also a tradition that a phantom coach issues from the manor house along the road to the local church, and that this haunting is associated with the presence of the screaming skull.

Any truth in the mythical origin of the skull was shattered when it was examined by an archaeologist called Michael Pinney in 1963, who dated the skull to the Iron Age. He suggested that the skull was that of a female, and was most probably associated with the Iron Age settlement of Pilsdon Pen close to the Manor House, although its true origins will never be known.

The Screaming Skull of Tunstead Farm, Tunstead Milton, Derbyshire

Tunstead farm has a skull named ****ie that had its height of fame during the 19th century. The name seems strange in that legend suggests the skull is actually that of a woman, who was murdered within the house. Before she died she managed to blurt out that it was her wish for her remains to stay within the house forever. Over the years the skeleton was gradually lost until only the skull remained, and the tradition grew that if the skull was removed then all manner of things would go wrong at the farm. Accounts in the 19th century also suggest that the farm was haunted by the woman's' spirit who was seen as a guardian kind of figure. The other story is that the skull belongs to Ned Dixon - hence ****ie - who was murdered at the farm by his cousin when he returned from some nameless war in foreign parts.

The tradition of the skulls power was so well known in the local district that it was blamed on the diversion of the 1863 Waley Bridge to Brunton railway. A bridge was being built near to the farm, but had to be abandoned due to unstable foundations. This was attributed to ****ies influence, obviously not wanting such a noisy diversion to his purgatory slumbering.

The skull is also said to have been stolen and taken Disley, where the thieves were plagued by such frightening disturbances that they returned it to the farm. Along with other screaming skulls one owner is said to have provoked its wrath by burying it, inevitably having to return it to the farm to restore peace.

The Screaming Skull of Wardley Hall

The skull that resides at Wardley Hall is another skull with opposing legends to account for its existence. In tradition the skull - which was kept behind a panel - was supposed to be that of royalist Roger Downs who lived in the 17th century. Roger was a man of ill nature, and according to legend once killed a Taylor in a drunken unprovoked attack, because he had sworn to kill the first person he met. His influence in high society allowed him to literally get away with murder. Eventually Roger picked a fight with somebody more than his equal, and during a drunken brawl on Tower Bridge in London, a watchman (or waterman) severed his head with one stroke. His body was Unceremoniously dumped into the River Thames. His head is said to have been delivered to the hall in a wooden box. The story was disproved when his coffin was opened in 1779, as his head was still attached to his body.

The skull actually belonged to Father Ambrose Barlow, who was hung and quartered for his faith in 1641; his head was then put on display at Manchester church or at Lancaster castle. According to some sources the skull came into the hall when it was bought by a catholic sympathiser, who kept the skull hidden lest his true leanings were discovered. The skull was then rediscovered in the 18th century by the owner of the house. One day a servant found the skull and threw the grisly relic into the moat, whereupon there was a terrible storm that led the owner of the hall to believe the skull was venting its wrath at being removed. He had the moat drained and the skull was returned to its position.

From traditional stories the skull seems to be indestructible as it has been buried, burned and smashed into pieces, always to be found outside the hall the next day, wearing its eternal grin.

The actual story is thought to date from the 1930s when a visiting journalist was duped into believing that that the skull was one with a tradition as a screaming skull. The skull has also been removed (by one time resident the Bishop of Salford) from the house for periods, without the purported paranormal occurrences.

The Screaming Skull of Burton Agnes Hall

The skull at Burton Agnes Hall is another famous screaming skull, although its exact whereabouts in the hall is unknown. It is thought to reside behind one of the walls, having been bricked up and forgotten about years before.

Tradition relates that three sisters built the Hall in the reign of Queen Elizabeth. Before they managed to complete the building the youngest of the three sisters was attacked and mortally wounded by a cutthroat while walking in the park. She quickly fell into a fever and died. Before she passed away her sisters promised her that they would bring her head back into the hall so that she could see the completed structure. Her two sisters did not fulfil their promise and had her body buried, after they had moved into the finished Hall they began to be plagued by "strange moaning and weird sounds" until they could stand it no more and had their sisters skull disinterred. It was found to be already detached from the body and was fleshless. After it was placed in the hall all was well until a servant - who disbelieved the story - wrapped the skull in a cloth and threw it on the back of a wagon and horses. The horses reared and trembled in fear, the hall shook and pictures fell of the wall until the skull was replaced. After this the skull was placed in a niche in the wall, and eventually walled up.

The actual origin of the skull is unknown, but the Hall was built for Sir Henry Griffiths in the 16th century, and not for the three sisters - who may have been Sir Henry's three daughters. But it is difficult to ascertain whether the skull actually belongs to Anne Griffith, as tradition asserts.

The spirit of Ann was also thought to haunt the hall and was known as Owd Nance. She is still said to appear on the anniversary of her death.

The Screaming Skull of Higher Farm, Chilton Cantilo

The skull at Higher Farm is said to be that of Theophilus Broome, who died in 1670. Before he passed away he left instructions for his skull to be kept at the farmhouse, and attempts to remove it are said to have resulted in poltergeist activity. The haunting is well documented; a m****cript at the farm has written account from a number of people who attested to the phenomena resulting in the attempted interment of the grisly item.

The tale was committed to paper in 1791 by John Collinson in his History and Antiquities of Somerset, and the tomb of Theophilus can be found in St James's Church.
LatinoLocoSection Mod

India's Scariest

Co-host of a brand new television show that takes you to India's most haunted places, Rocky lists five that scared the living daylights out of him. Described as a “nationwide trail and journey into the unexplained,” India’s Most Haunted aims to uncover the “real truth behind the country’s most haunted places.”

The new show -- India's Most Haunted -- premiered on NDTV Good Times recently and takes its viewers to the country's most haunted places in the country -- from Bhangar and Mussoorie to Shimla and Jamali Kamali -- and attempts to prove the presence of the supernatural in these places.

Lohaghat, Uttarakhand

Champawat is the famous place where Jim Corbett shot a man-eating tiger.

Lohaghat is a small town in the Champawat district. In Lohaghat is a very old bungalow called The Abbey. It belonged to the person who founded this place.The Abbey was converted into a hospital which saw some strange goings-on like that of a doctor who would predict people's death accurately.

He would move them to this place called Mukti Kothri and the next morning they would be found dead.There was a quandary about whether he was killing them or they were dying naturally.No one knows. What they do know is that the Abbey was first house in the entire region and that disturbed the shrines of the devtas on that hilltop.

So the place never really flourished. There are a lot of stories of spirits and a trail of ghosts that is called bhooth ki daang where there are two spirits that walk here at night.Interestingly the area also falls under the travel zones of two leopards and as we were to discover a huge tiger that had killed a full-grown cow about five days before we went there.

So ghost or no ghost the idea of walking down these trails is very scary.

Tunnel no 103, Shimla-Kalka railway line

Shimla has a lot of ghost stories associated with it. There's one about tunnel number 103 on the Shimla-Kalka railway line that has the ghost of a British sahib.

The ghost in tunnel 103 is said to be one that talks back in full context with the humans he comes in contact with.

The tunnel itself is wet, damp, dingy and about 140 yards long and is quite a scary place.

It is also unique in that the spirit of the Englishman responds to humans.

There are different kinds of spirits. Most of them don't acknowledge your presence. They just appear on a particular day at a particular time and play out their part as if on a video tape -- for instance if a woman who walks in from one direction and ends up jumping in the well will do so even if you try to stop it.

If you come in her way, she will walk right through you. If there is a house built in her path, she will pass through the walls. There is nothing you can do to stop her or even if you try to talk to her, she won't respond.

But besides the tunnel itself Shimla has a lot of villages around it and the only way is to get there is by walking. There are a lot of stories about witches in the area and walking down those was quite terrifying. These trails are very, very scary. As you walk, things move around you and you can hear them. It can be frightening to walk down these trails in the nights.

Jamali Kamali

Jamali Kamali is an archaeological village complex in Mehrauli. It has a mosque and a tomb of two people -- Jamali and Kamali. Jamali was one of the names of a sufi saint who lived there during the rule of the Lodhis. The history of 'Kamali' is unknown but was associated with the sufi saint.

Jamali Kamali is the one place where we caught an apparition on camera. After shooting, when we went back to the editing table we discovered that there was a faint but distinct image of a woman who walked past us on the screen.

We've did not enhance it and neither did we touch it artificially because the idea of the show is to keep it as real as possible.

But before this, almost 20 years ago we had an experience that we couldn't forget. We'd gone there as boys and suddenly we heard a thud on our car. A friend looked out of the window and froze instantly. He simply couldn't react. We pulled him back in the car and we remember him being slapped by some invisible force. He was dragged in the back of the car and one of us had to pull him out.

For almost two days we could see prints of a hand on his face, that was far smaller than any of ours.

The Lambi Dehar Mines, Mussoorie

The Lambi Dehar mines are situated on the outskirts of Mussoorie. These used to be strip mines, lime quarries that have been shut.

In the early 1990s there were about 50,000 workers working in these mines and a lot of these people were dying of diseases. Lime turns your lungs into stone and you die a very painful death, coughing blood etc.

The mines were shut because a lot of safety rules were being flouted and there were a lot of accidents like trucks falling off the mountains etc?

Today there is an entire city of 1500 people that has been deserted for 20 years.

Trees have grown in the houses and you can hear sounds of people hear at night. It is also very scary perhaps because it is remote, far from civilisation and has its history of haunting.

When you're driving there, cars go off the road, trucks go off the road, and there's been a mysterious helicopter crash there. So there's definitely a presence in that place.

Legend has it that there's also a witch that walks down the mountains screaming.

The ruins of Bhangarh

Bhangarh, which is situated at the edge of the Sariska Tiger Reserve has a curse attached to it. There are a few versions of the story but the most popular one is that of a tantrik and the Queen Ranavati of Bhangarh who he was attracted to.

According to legends, the tantrik mixed some potion into the princess' perfume that would make her attracted to him.

As luck would have it, the princess learnt about the plan and poured the perfume on a stone.

The stone then flew and landed on the tantrik and crushed him to death. Just as he was dying, the tantrik cursed the city and said that there would be no roof standing in Bhangarh.Soon after, the kingdom of Bhangarh went to battle with its neighbouring state of Asafgarh that caused the ruin of the two cities.

Today, even though there are a few temples left in Bhangarh there are no roofs on houses. The houses in the surrounding areas have roofs of straw to this day. When we went there we could feel a great sense of unease in the area. Besides, there were three inexplicable things that happened.

The first was the sound of footsteps that I most positively heard behind me. When I turned around, I there was no one behind me.

Then there were eerie sounds like screams coming from the hills that we picked on audio sensors.

Finally, there was this incident where we discovered that some invisible force was pelting stones at us. We were in an open field and there was no one for over 70-80 yards that we could see. And yet from the trajectory and the size of the stones, we realised they couldn't have been coming from further than 20 yards.

These three incidents pretty much sealed it for us. Bhangarh was inarguably the scariest place we visited.
LatinoLocoSection Mod

An Imp, Cyclops Or Unknown Creature?  Cryptozoology

On Friday, March 19, 2010, an event occurred in Chiquimitio, Michoacán, Mexico, whose characteristics make it extraordinary within the field of cryptozoology, according to the events described:

Chiquimitío, a town of approximately 1,500 residents, is a small community some two thousand twenty meters above sea level, quite close to the city of Morelia. And that's where some local residents encountered a strange creature, small and walking on all fours before standing on two legs. They described the creature as having thin arms, legs and torso, covered with very little hair. Unfortunately, the few witnesses to this event were gripped by fear, and threw themselves against the unknown entity, lopping off its head with a single blow and throwing its small carcass to the local dogs, which devoured it almost immediately. It should also be noted that Chiquimitío is a farming community, and it is customary for residents to carry machetes wherever they go.

Subsequently, the same people involved in the event took what remains, up to this moment, the only evidence of the case: one cell phone video with a duration of 1 minute and 11 seconds, showing the head propped up against what appear to be wooden boards. A quick inspection of the creature's head can be seen through small sticks, as well as three photos showing it in detail. One of them, particularly, displays the head in comparison with a human torso.

After quickly recording this video and photo evidence, the eyewitnesses sadly chose to throw away the head, leaving no possibility for subsequent physical analysis.
Only a few days after the event, a person known to our group approached us to provide us with the visual evidence, describing how he gleaned all of the information, telling us that a person who worked alongside him in a family business was among the few witnesses to the event. It was this individual who managed to capture the events on video and photo formats, and it was precisely the person who told our friend that at the moment that they saw something whose characteristics were completely unknown to them, it sent them into a generalized psychosis. They subsequently regretted not having preserved any physical evidence for subsequent study.

It should be noted that we first thought it could be case of cyclopia - a congenital deficiency characterized by a single facial orbit visible on the face of living creatures -- that is to say, a single eye -- accompanied by cranial deformation and the absence of a nose (also known as holoprosencephaly) and that the creature's physique, and its similarity to a dog of the Chihuahua breed, could have indeed been an adequate hypothesis. However, a situation that also prompts reflection is that one of the characteristics of cyclopia, while it can affect any living creature, it is evident in approximately 1 to 3 per 1000 births. This low percentage is either stillborn or dies shortly later.

This factor also leads to consideration. This being's head shows signs of having been alive for a longer time, a detail evident in the teeth, which were in some way developed. In turn, the strange shape and size of the ears is striking. These could initially be said to resemble those of a Chihuahua dog. However, this species of canine has rigid and firm ears, contrary to what we see in this unknown creature, as the ears appear larger and more flexible.

It has been said for a long time that in communities near Chiquimitío and several locations in the state of Michoacán, there have been sightings of strange beings resembling the legendary elves, trolls and even cyclops and giants, all of this forming part of the area's legends.

No final conclusion is possible for this case, based on all the foregoing. However, considering the evidence and all that has been investigated, we can say that on 19 March 2010 in Chiquimitío, Michoacán, Mexico, something was seen. A genetically deformed animal, an imp, a troll, a cyclops? You have the last word.

LatinoLocoSection Mod

Giant Rats Invade Town, Eat Two Children -- Obviously not paranormal but this is scary and creepy

Giant rats as big as cats have killed and eaten two babies in separate attacks in South Africa's squalid townships this week.

Lunathi Dwadwa, three, was killed as she slept in her parent's shack in the Khayelitsha slum outside Cape Town and another girl was killed in Soweto township near Johannesburg the same day.

Little Lunathi was sleeping on a makeshift bed on the floor of her family's breeze block and corrugated iron home on Sunday night when she died. Her puzzled parents didn't even hear her scream.

When her mother discovered her lifeless body, she saw that her daughter's eyes had been gouged out.

Bukiswa Dwadwa, 27, said: 'I can't forget how ugly my child looked after her eyes were ripped out.

'She was eaten from her eyebrows to her cheeks, her other eye was hanging by a piece of flesh.'

Her father Mncedisi Mokoena said police told him: 'Nothing could have done that but rats'

And today police revealed that a baby girl died in the Soweto township when she was attacked by rats while her teenage mother was out with friends.

'We were called to the scene of the death of an infant due to a rat attack on Monday morning at around 9am,' said police officer Bongani Mhlongo.

'The mother of the child was arrested on charges of culpable homicide and negligence.'

The deaths appear to be part of a spate of deadly rat attacks in the country.

Last month, 77-year-old grandmother Nomathemba Joyi died after giant rats chewed off the right side of her face.

Residents of South Africa's impoverished townships say the giant rats grow up to three-foot long, including their tails, and have front teeth over an inch long.

The suspects in the baby attacks are believed to be African Giant Pouched Rats, a species only distantly related to UK rats, but native to sub-Saharan Africa - and the biggest in the world.

They are nocturnal, omnivorous and can produce up to 50 young a year. Some tribal people breed them for food.

They thrive in the townships' filthy conditions and feast on residents' uncollected rubbish. - dailymail
LatinoLocoSection Mod

LatinoLoco is a beast, I ****ing love this thread  :yay:

:h5:
LatinoLocoSection Mod

Where do you get all this info from bruh ?

Everywhere on the world wide web fam.  Most are from sites I frequent and other random sources.  Hope you are enjoying it!
LatinoLocoSection Mod

Just some visuals

LatinoLocoSection Mod

Creepy Video Time?  Yah, why not!

Lakerz4life
http://abovetherestco.com/blog/

LatinoLoco is a beast lol

Pages:1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 698

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook