Kanye To The: Kanye West

Creepy/Paranormal Thread Part III

Pages:1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 678

LatinoLocoSection Mod
I am haunted by humans. -Death

:ohno:

Please tell me this aint real.

I did legitimately receive this message from someone I know.  The bible quote is real.  Of course the number relation is all speculation, theory and conspiracy geared; the 11:11 phenomenon that is.

Late

I did legitimately receive this message from someone I know.  The bible quote is real.  Of course the number relation is all speculation, theory and conspiracy geared; the 11:11 phenomenon that is.

You know, IF all this did turn out to be real, what was the point of us being here anyway. Life is dumb.
LatinoLocoSection Mod

March 19th Supermoon -- not paranormal, but maybe an interesting article, considering today's tragic events...probably not relevant though

On March 19, the moon will swing around Earth more closely than it has in the past 18 years, lighting up the night sky from just 221,567 miles (356,577 kilometers) away. On top of that, it will be full. And one astrologer believes it could inflict massive damage on the planet.

Richard Nolle, a noted astrologer who runs the website astropro.com, has famously termed the upcoming full moon at lunar perigee (the closest approach during its orbit) an "extreme supermoon."

When the moon goes super-extreme, Nolle says, chaos will ensue: Huge storms, earthquakes, volcanoes and other natural disasters can be expected to wreak havoc on Earth. (It should be noted that astrology is not a real science, but merely makes connections between astronomical and mystical events.)

But do we really need to start stocking survival shelters in preparation for the supermoon? [Photos: Our Changing Moon]

The question is not actually so crazy. In fact scientists have studied related scenarios for decades. Even under normal conditions, the moon is close enough to Earth to make its weighty presence felt: It causes the ebb and flow of the ocean tides.

The moon's gravity can even cause small but measureable ebbs and flows in the continents, called "land tides" or "solid Earth tides," too. The tides are greatest during full and new moons, when the sun and moon are aligned either on the same or opposite sides of the Earth.

According to John Vidale, a seismologist at the University of Washington in Seattle and director of the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network, particularly dramatic land and ocean tides do trigger earthquakes. "Both the moon and sun do stress the Earth a tiny bit, and when we look hard we can see a very small increase in tectonic activity when they're aligned," Vidale told Life's Little Mysteries, a sister site to SPACE.com.

At times of full and new moons, "you see a less-than-1-percent increase in earthquake activity, and a slightly higher response in volcanoes."

The effect of tides on seismic activity is greatest in subduction zones such as the Pacific Northwest, where one tectonic plate is sliding under another. William Wil****, another seismologist at the University of Washington, explained: "When you have a low tide, there's less water, so the pressure on the seafloor is smaller. That pressure is clamping the fault together, so when it's not there, it makes it easier for the fault to slip."

According to Wil****, earthquake activity in subduction zones at low tides is 10 percent higher than at other times of the day, but he hasn't observed any correlations between earthquake activity and especially low tides at new and full moons. Vidale has observed only a very small correlation.

What about during a lunar perigee? Can we expect more earthquakes and volcanic eruptions on March 19, when the full moon will be so close?

The moon's gravitational pull at lunarperigee, the scientists say, is not different enough from its pull at other times to significantly change the height of the tides and thus the likelihood of natural disasters. [Infographic:  Phases of the Moon Explained]

"A lot of studies have been done on this kind of thing by USGS scientists and others," John Bellini, a geophysicist at the U.S. Geological Survey, told Life's Little Mysteries. "They haven't found anything significant at all."

Vidale concurred. "Practically speaking, you'll never see any effect of lunar perigee," he said. "It's somewhere between 'It has no effect' and 'It's so small you don't see any effect.'"

The bottom line is, the upcoming supermoon won't cause a preponderance of earthquakes, although the idea isn't a crazy one.

"Earthquakes don't respond as much to the tides as you'd think they would. There should actually be more of an effect," said Vidale.

Most natural disasters have nothing to do with the moon at all. The Earth has a lot of pent up energy, and it releases it anytime the buildup gets too great. The supermoon probably won't push it past the tipping point, but we'll know for sure, one way or the other, by March 20.

This story was provided by Life's Little Mysteries, a sister site of SPACE.com.
Luque
Hanging from the same branch that the strange fruit swung

Bigfoot Startled By Shotgun?

In this video you'll see a family target shooting with a shotgun at some undisclosed location. We can hear a helicopter flying above. After a few shots we see in the background a dark figure leap then run across the snow-covered field, then dropping down onto all fours. (Watch the video in full screen mode for the best view.) According to the poster, they didn't notice that thing in the background until they later viewed the video. They first thought the helicopter was watching them, but later wondered if it was tracking the "Bigfoot."

Review:
There's very little that can be said about this video because the figure in the background is just too distant to be able to make any kind of intelligent judgement about it. It could be a hoax. The scene could have been set up very easily, giving a guy in a monkey suit the cue to run across the field after the third shot. (And it needn't even be a good suit since he's so far away.) The most interesting thing about the video is how the "creature" drops down on all fours after its run. Would a hoaxer do this? Maybe. If we are to believe the posters, it could be Sasquatch. The helicopter might be incidental in any case.

If you watch where he starts running from, you can see he's stationary and then runs when the 3rd shot is heard.
Webb
love u ktt <3

First off Props to you Latin for the amount of material you put on here its insane & really entertaining :)

And I'm guessing alot of y'all are really into paranormal/conspiracy stuff like I am if you're on this thread, a really cool resource in podcast form for paranormal type stuff is the Mysterious Universe podcast. They cover the whole spectrum from UFO's-to MIB- to Soulless children. So if you are into that type of stuff, it's a professionally done podcast that looks into that type of stuff from the view of people who believe in int he paranormal, but tend to approach individual stories with a healthy amount of skepticism. The link is http://www.mysteriousuniverse.org/ and you can find the podcast on iTunes!
Luque
Hanging from the same branch that the strange fruit swung

Hey guys,

for those of you that have been following this thread, you may recall a post about the number 11 phenomenon and how I seem to see 11:11 or anything similar and/or equating to that number.  Anyway, I just received this message and I found it sort of interesting.  It might lean more towards conspiracy, but since I'm a firm believer that the number means more (from experience), here is the message:

"Sept 11th (NY)...Jan 11th (Haiti, earthquake)...and March 11th (Japan, earthquake)....Luke 21:10-11: Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.  There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from Heaven.  Jesus says, for behold I come quickly."

Also, looking at the bible number: Luke 21: 10-11 ... subtract the first two numbers and your left with 11-11, yet again.

I hate that number...that is all.

I have this kind of thing with 22:22 ... :wom:
cheeseballs
I'm rollin' up my cat nip and shittin' in your litter

new to this thread but already love it so far.  Great work Latin! Question though, can we write up some stories of our own personal experiences?

:ohno:
LatinoLocoSection Mod

First off Props to you Latin for the amount of material you put on here its insane & really entertaining :)

And I'm guessing alot of y'all are really into paranormal/conspiracy stuff like I am if you're on this thread, a really cool resource in podcast form for paranormal type stuff is the Mysterious Universe podcast. They cover the whole spectrum from UFO's-to MIB- to Soulless children. So if you are into that type of stuff, it's a professionally done podcast that looks into that type of stuff from the view of people who believe in int he paranormal, but tend to approach individual stories with a healthy amount of skepticism. The link is http://www.mysteriousuniverse.org/ and you can find the podcast on iTunes!

thank you!  Appreciated, and will check out the link.
LatinoLocoSection Mod

new to this thread but already love it so far.  Great work Latin! Question though, can we write up some stories of our own personal experiences?

Yes, please do.  You are encouraged to do so in fact.  :)
ThisIsMVP
#FreeGucci

Hey guys,

for those of you that have been following this thread, you may recall a post about the number 11 phenomenon and how I seem to see 11:11 or anything similar and/or equating to that number.  Anyway, I just received this message and I found it sort of interesting.  It might lean more towards conspiracy, but since I'm a firm believer that the number means more (from experience), here is the message:

"Sept 11th (NY)...Jan 11th (Haiti, earthquake)...and March 11th (Japan, earthquake)....Luke 21:10-11: Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.  There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from Heaven.  Jesus says, for behold I come quickly."

Also, looking at the bible number: Luke 21: 10-11 ... subtract the first two numbers and your left with 11-11, yet again.

I hate that number...that is all.

:wom:
LatinoLocoSection Mod

Hello again friends,

earlier on in the thread, I posted a story about where I used to work (psychiatric hospital), and a couple of my experiences in the abandoned "West Tower", on the property. 

I went to visit a friend that still works there and we got to talking about the whole "haunted" theme and I asked him if he had seen or experienced anything lately.  He told me that on the third floor of the West Tower, while patrolling it, he had encountered some sort of whispering in one of the rooms (used to be a shower/locker room).  He said he heard what appeared to be two voices, one male and one female, whispering very very quietly when he entered the room.  It gave him the chills and he took off rather quickly.  Me, being a curios fan of the paranormal, decided to go and check out said area. 

Keep in mind that even though I am pretty much a believer of the otherworldly, I approach these things with a sense of skepticism, so as to not let my mind play tricks on me.  Entering the area, I did feel very uncomfortable -- especially in a small shower area.  I stood outside the shower area for a couple of minutes with the door slightly ajar and thought I heard the very whispering my friend was talking about.  It was as if someone was hiding behind the shower curtain, peeking out and looking at me -- that's just the feeling I got.  Anyway, it could have very well been some sort of wind or draft coming from anywhere in the area, the building is old after all.  I took out my Blackberry (that's all I had) and decided to film for a minute or so, just to see if I could catch anything or hear anything after. 

Unfortunately the conclusion is rather anti-climatic as I didn't catch much and the quality of the video is not that great, being that it was from my phone.  The only thing you may see is a couple of orbs moving in view (in particular the one around 35 second mark that gave me a chill when I was in there), but don't expect too much.  I normally wouldn't share a boring video, but it's been slow on the news-front so why not. 

Li

^.^
Akala
21-1

Thread is scary as ****
LatinoLocoSection Mod

Ghosts Shut Down School?

Full source: Indian Express

Sultan Shaikh of Kondhwa is not willing to send his children to school. The children say they are scared to even step into the school as they feel it is haunted. Last Monday, almost all students of Lady Haleema Begum Urdu School, Kondhwa, fled after what they claim was supernatural activity in school.

Five days after the incident, the children are yet to go to school. “If you want to send your children to school then send them, it is not our problem,” this is what the school authorities said according to Shaikh who was bewildered at the claims of the school. Other claims by children include finding random death threats in their notebooks and also seeing an egg-shaped, white ghost on the blackboard.

The authorities of the school have suspended all classes till Monday as parents said the children were scared and did not want to go to the school.

Parvika Khan, the teacher who was conducting an Urdu class for Class 5 last Monday, asked a boy to read the text on the blackboard. But the boy said the blackboard was blank, and ran away screaming that he saw an “egg-shaped ghost” coming out of the blackboard.

It set off panic among students and led to closure of the school for the day.

“It is a conspiracy. Someone wants to defame the school. They must have prompted the boy. We have lodged a police complaint and have sought an inquiry into the matter,” said Rashid Khan, chairman of the Western Maharashtra Educational Trust, which runs the school.

*Nice way to get out of school...how come I didn't think of this when I was young?
LatinoLocoSection Mod

The Legend Of The Lechuza

Most readers of "Elsewhen" are probably familiar with reports of
the crypto-creature known as the "thunderbird."  Several years
ago, Texas had its own version of this phenomenon, commonly known
as the Big Bird.  Having never encountered the Big Bird myself
(other than the occasional crane or buzzard), I nevertheless stumbled
across an obscure folk legend that may have some relation to the
thunderbird and the Big Bird.  This is the Mexican folk legend
of the lechuza.
   A quick glance in The University of Chicago Spanish-English Dictionary
reveals that the word lechuza is simply Spanish for "owl."  In
the local Mexican dialect of my home area it more specifically
means "screech owl."  However, the folk tale of the lechuza goes
deeper than this.
   According to Francis Edward Abernethy, in The Folklore of Texan
Cultures (1974 Encino Press), "the lechuza is a woman who, having
sold her soul to the devil, becomes a screech owl at night."
The lechuza closely ties in with the bruja, or witch, and is sometimes
considered more--or at least, other--than human.
   As with many folk tales, there are contradicting bits of information.
Again according to Abernethy, "Some say that even in the form
of birds lechuzas retain the faces of hideous women."  This suggests
that the lechuza is of normal size for an owl.  However, Ed Syers,
in Ghost Stories of Texas (1981 Texian Press), says, "She [the
bruja] knows the secret of becoming her own familiar--a self-transformation,
usually to a lechuza, or screech owl. . .Or, if she disdains the
extra step, she may make incredibly long journeys herself,
flying high over the housetops. . ."  This suggests that
the lechuza may retain a larger human-like size, and with the
addition of wings, would make an adequate Big Bird.
   The nature of the lechuza herself (for in the legends it is invariably
female) is of a malignant sort of bogey-woman.  In personal interviews,
the most common tale related to me was that she sits outside
one's door and makes a crying sound, like an infant.  Then, "if
you go outside to see what it is, it gets you."  It also seems,
from personal accounts, that the lechuza is easily recognizable
from a mere screech owl--another clue that it is usually considered
human-sized.  Seeing a screech owl during the day is by some considered
unlucky; seeing the lechuza by night (for she never appears during
daylight) is calamitous, and usually signals the death of a family
member, much like the banshee of Celtic lore.  The lechuza is
thought to possess sorcerous powers, especially those dealing
with darkness, illness, and death.  She is thought to be impervious
to bullets, and perhaps even immortal.  Signs that one has been
visited by the lechuza are scratches on the bedpost, door, or
windowsill that can't be explained.
   The most telling clue that the lechuza is thought to be of a large
size is also told by Abernethy:  "The tellers of lechuza stories
at times point out the likenesses of their tales with. . .the
Harpy of Greek mythology."  This suggests that she must be at
least human- sized, if not larger.
   In any case, if we ever do manage to explain the mysterious thunderbird,
I doubt that it will have anything to do with so malicious a legend
as the lechuza.  Even so, tales of the lechuza are some of the
most violent and disturbing in Texan folklore, and it seems that
among some people, belief in the creature still persists.
The above is the complete article as it was originally.  To it
I might add that, as I said before, tales of the lechuza are often
quite violent.  I have heard several stories of how, when the lechuza's
ruse to get you to come outside doesn't work, she turns instead on
any pets or livestock she might find outside.  Her appearances are
also sometimes accompanied by sudden thunderstorms.
Owl
Act your age, not your genre

LatinoLoco can you pull up some paranormal stuff for South Western Ontario? I was wondering if there was anything close by I could check out
LatinoLocoSection Mod

LatinoLoco can you pull up some paranormal stuff for South Western Ontario? I was wondering if there was anything close by I could check out

I will see what I can find for you later this evening. 

Pages:1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 678

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook