Kanye To The: Kanye West

Drake - "Nothing Was The Same" (US Sales: 1,500,000)

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 ... 3596

VietbrahSection Mod

My juniors and senior will only get meaner
Take care, nigga

Rumored Release Date: August 27, 2013
Potential Producers: Noah "40" Shebib, Jamie xx, Hit Boy, Zaytoven, Just Blaze, Mike WiLL, Bink!, Jake One, Chase N Cashe, Key Wane, Young Chop, Mike Zombie, Detail, James Blake, Flying Lotus, Swizz Beatz, Detail, Hudson Mohawke, Timbaland, Chilly Gonzales & Blood Diamond

Potential Features: JAY Z, Rick Ross, Justin Timberlake, Big Sean, The Weeknd, Majid Jordan, Sade, Migos, James Fauntleroy, 2 Chainz, Chief Keef, Future, Jhene Aiko, Saukrates, Miguel & Anthony Hamilton

1st SINGLE[

2nd SINGLE[

November 16, 2011

"I'm hungry right now, as far as music goes," he said. "I'm right back in. I'm in attack mode right now. Songs are coming, ideas are coming, bars are coming and I feel like rapping a lot right now."

November 21, 2011
Wild 94.1 Interviews Drake About 3rd Album

"I started writing the intro to my project last night," he said. "I found the sample and I started piecing together the story of where Iím at in my life. Start piecing together the drawing, I finish that and flip the page. Itís really like, Iím never the type to go back and be like, oh, I need this to bring over here. I canít really save music or older music."

"Itís tough for me to put a mixtape out there just based off the fact thatÖ Not only that itís free, but to be honest to you, I donít really make money off my albums," he said. Thatís not where I make my money. Artists donít make money off my record sales. Thatís why what I do first week doesnít matter to me. Iím not too caught up in the numbers, because nobodyís getting rich off of album sales. Everybody gets rich off of touring and brand sponsorship."

January 30th, 2012
Whatís next for you, besides the tour?

I have begun working on new music already and Iíll be recording during the whole college tour with 40. Making better music and building myself as a business is all thatís on my mind. Hopefully some acting as well.
Source

March 21, 2012

March 28, 2012

March 29, 2012
Drake Talks Collecting Beats & Working With Producer Jamie XX

"Iím just sort of at that place where Iím collecting beats. I recently did some work with 2 Chainz, heís an incredible artist from the U.S. thatís buzzing right now," he said. "But aside from that, Iím just collecting beats. Iím actually supposed to go see Jamie xx tonight so we can take it a step further. I really want him to have a big presence on this next album. 40 is back home working on an incredible project. I canít wait to get back there and work with him. So yeah, itís really more about building a canvas and weíll start right."

April 24, 2012
Drake Was 'Down' on 'Take Care,' Says Third Album Will Be Different

"I think my mood will be reflected in the tempos I choose for the music," the Canadian singer and rapper told Billboard.com during a conference call to promote the upcoming U.S. amphitheatre run of his Club Paradise Tour. "A lot of 'Take Care,' it's down... and I think a lot of it had to do with being back in Toronto, getting reacquainted with the life I had before (fame) and difficulties with that, and at the same time trying to express excitement, express joy...

"Now I'm in a very, very, very, very different place than I've ever been, really focused on myself, really focused on my health, my body, my mind, really wanting to be the best I can possibly be...I'm in a different mindset now that I'm very proud of... It's going to be a very interesting album -- probably, to be honest with you, conceptually one of the most exciting projects I've worked on, just 'cause there's so many new things going on in my life."

"I still live in Toronto and love the city," he said, "but there's just so much going on for me in the U.S. I recently made the move to L.A. There's a new atmosphere. I'm getting to know new people...Anybody knows that when it's new, that's when I thrive. When there's new things to talk about that's really when I get off."

Source

May 3rd, 2012
Just Blaze Confirms He Has 2 Songs w/ Drake & Rick Ross

Confirms at 2:32 & 7:33.

May 23, 2012
Drake Talks Recording New Music on June 18, After Tour Ends

"I'm really excited to start working on new music. I start like June 18," "I got a studio bus out here so me and 40 started working on a couple joints the other night. Just getting warmed up," he continued. "I did like the 'Amen' track for Meek [Mill] and I did 'No Lie' for 2Chainz."

Source

May 29, 2012
Talks Taking Time With 3rd Album With RESPECT Magazine

I'm at one of my favourite points, which is reconnecting with producers, telling them to send me everything they got, just stacking up, putting beats into a folder. Listening to them constantly, over and over again. Writing down bars and ideas. Its at that point where it's being conceived. Its being developed from a sound perspective first. I mean, its very early. Take Care seems like yesterday, I definitely don't want to rush it. I'm at that point in my life where I'm 25. My life is incredible. I'm open right now.

Full Interview

June 5, 2012
Plans To Rep Memphis On Next Album

"Thatís my town, you know, thatís like home. Memphis is a place I hold dear to my heart, actually a place on this next project I just want to start talking more about and maybe even do some recording out there, just to reconnect with that. Drake has long rapped about his relationship with the city on a number of tracks. Most recently, he paid homage on ďUnder Ground Kings. ďMemphis, Tennessee, know, see I start to go deep back/ In Ridge Crest with my seat back, with Yo Gotti and E-MackĒ I remember just sitting there watching, watching this guy record, how it was all done, I hadnít really been subjected to it before. That shaped a lot of my early days like, ĎOh, I wanna rap. Being around him in Memphis, Tennessee, was a big moment for me. I would definitely give him a lot of credit for just embracing me.Ē

Watch Interview

June 18, 2012
Drake Hopes To Bring People Together With 3rd Album

ďI feel like with every project we do thereís growth and with every project I do, I become more comfortable with the artist I am. Take Care solidified a lot of things for me. [It's] a list of things that would probably be too immense to go through, but it solidified a lot of things and let me know what I want to do, and who I want to be. The music that I make is bigger than the box people try and put rappers [in]. People always try to draw me back to just rap. And ó nah, Iím good. I like what I do. Period. Thatís how I feel. Nobody can really do what I do or what we do, including 40 and all the producers that Iíve worked with.[It's interesting] to see artists that have a real impact on the world. We live in a generation where there is nothing necessarily to fight for politically, whereas in the Marley documentary [for example] he was fighting for peace in Jamaica. [There's] nothing necessarily for me to step up and say I want to fight for, but there is a way for me to give moments to the world, and to bear my emotions and hope that Iím remembered as that guy who was able to bring people together. I want to be that guy. I want to bring people together.Ē

Watch Interview

June 26, 2012
Drake Previews New Song Produced by Jake One

Elliot Wilson Confirms Production by Jake One
http://199.59.149.199/ElliottWilson/status/217695984447270913

July 9, 2012
Jake One Talks Working With Drake

HHNM: Drake previewed a new song the other day in a video clip while heís smoking hookah. Is it true that you produced it?
Jake One: Yeah, thatís the song I did for him.
HHNM: Tell us how that collaboration came out and where it will end up.
Jake One: You know Iím not even sure at this point. Iíve been talking to him off and on, sending him stuff. There were some records that he really liked. That was one of them he recorded. Hopefully, you will get to hear the music soon.

August 5th, 2012
Aaliyah - "Enough Said" (Ft. Drake)

September 6th, 2012
Drake Expresses Desire To Work With Justin Timberlake & Sade

October 9th, 2012

October 22th, 2012

Additionally, a source has confirmed the existence of a new song titled "No New Friends." Drake was spotted wearing a T-shirt featuring the same words during a performance in Washington, D.C. for Howard University's homecoming festivities over the weekend.

"No New Friends" is produced by longtime Drake collaborator Noah "40" Shebib, but there's no word on if or when it will be officially released. However, this week would be convenient.

Source

November 13, 2012
Youíve worked with Drake since 2006ís ďReplacement GirlĒ and most recently on Take Care. I know heís back in the studio working on his third album. Howís that going?

I donít know nothing about it. I donít know! I mean uh, weíre working. Yeah. Working on stuff. I canít get too much into detail; thatís something that he needs to answer.
Fair enough. You recently tweeted that your new beats are on another level which Drake quickly retweeted. So logically, your new beats for him are on another level. How so?
Iím just taking things to a new place as far as music goes. I donít want to go to the same route that I was going to before so far as how everything sounds, how everything sits in your ears. Itís a producer thing. Youíll hear it when you hear it. Iím going back to the roots of R&B, mid-í90s, from hearing a Timbaland record, an Aaliyah, something from Blackground Music, for example. When the music had so much emotion. Nowadays, I feel like music is just so hard; all it is is just a bunch of bass. I want to take it to a place where itís very musical but still has something that knocks.

November 15, 2012
A year ago OVO x CNC dropped that "Look What You've Done" from "Take Care" on you bihs. More **** on the way for 2013.

https://twitter.com/ChaseNCashe/status/269114660752596992

November 15, 2012
Its been exactly one year since Take Care dropped. Sitting in our new studio working on the next album. Just want to say thank you.
https://twitter.com/Drake/status/269245835571781632

December 15, 2012
Drake Signs & Records New Music With Producer Mike Zombie

December 20, 2012
I was lucky enough to be in the studio with Drake again just a couple of months ago when I passed through Toronto. Weíll see if it makes it onto his album or not, but itís great to just go spend six hours and literally coming up with dozens and dozens of ideas and waiting to see if his face moves when he reacts to it, whether heís enjoying it or whether itís something I should continue or just move onto the next thing or not. I really learn a lot. But to be mired down in the studio for months and months, itís hard for me to keep the belief in anyone elseís project for that long. In the end Iíd rather just be working on my own.

Source

January 11, 2013

January 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/standoutent/status/290076968056152064
https://twitter.com/flow935/status/290526204056981505

January 16, 2013
Drake Films "Started From The Bottom" video at his Elementary school & Lucky Strikes

January 18, 2013
Drake puts up "Started From The Bottom" billboard in Toronto

January 21, 2013
Nickelus F Releases "Number 15" Featuring Drake

February 1, 2013
Drake Releases First Single From 3rd Album "Started From The Bottom"

February 11, 2013
Drake Releases the "SFTB" video via OVO Blog.

February 11, 2013
Nothing Was The Same Announced As The Title of the 3rd Album

February 13, 2013
Mack Maine Reveals Drake Has Recorded Approximately 10 Songs for NWTS

February 14, 2013
Drake Talks To GQ About The Importance of Making the Forbes List

February 15, 2013
Drake Instagrams Photos of Studio Session with James Fauntleroy

February 19, 2013
Drake Records With Wale & Bun B in Houston

February 20, 2013
French Reveals Upcoming Drake Collaboration

February 26, 2013
Drake Records with Swizz Beatz, Jay-Z & Timbaland in NYC

March 12th, 2013

March 28th, 2013

March 5th, 2013
Jheno Aiko Reveals Plans to Record With Drake

March 7th, 2013
Drake Releases "5 AM in Toronto"

March 13th, 2013
Boi-1da Shares Stories Behind Drake's "Started From The Bottom" & Talks NWTS

March 28th, 2013

April 11th, 2013

April 13th, 2013

May 8th, 2013

May 9th, 2013

May 19th, 2013

http://instagram.com/p/ZeQOvakgtZ/

May 26, 2013

May 30, 2013

June 1st, 2013

Cash

reserved
Rodri
turn me up some

first page doe :datass:
imightbeamonster
Deleted

posting in future epic thread

EDIT: **** you guys
Infinity
twitter.com/infinityflacko

In
Infinity
twitter.com/infinityflacko

first doe :datass:

:he:
VietbrahSection Mod

sticky?
Cash

this should be stickied cuz vietboi will actually update the OP unlike those other deadbeat album thread starters
Heckpot
Deleted

Let's go.
Sheezy
It's a cold cold world

drake sucks

:he:
Joshua
Deleted

First page :slick:
LazyAssMenace

First page :slick:
Mr. Big Dreams

pop dat **** ****
Heckpot
Deleted

this should be stickied cuz vietboi will actually update the OP unlike those other deadbeat album thread starters
DJFrankieP

First page baby!!!!!!!!!!
HeartlessNobody
A young nigga trying to win here again.

:datass:
DecembersVeryOwn

sticky?

it really still is too early if you wanna get nit picky
franny
R.I.P. Aaron

first page

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 ... 3596