Kanye To The: Kanye West

Jhene Aiko - Souled Out | September 9th, 2014 | ALBUM STREAM OUT NOW!

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 ... 188

Rihanna Stan
This Should Be Played At High Volume.

Album Name: Souled Out

Release Date: September 9th, 2014

PRE-ORDER HERE

Singles:

***[Lead Single]***
To Love & Die (feat. Cocaine 80s)
June 24, 2014

***[Second Single]***
The Pressure
July 18, 2014

***[Promo Songs]***
The Worst
January 14, 2014

News:

8/5/2014
http://www.rap-up.com/2014/08/05/jhene-aiko-reveals-souled-out-album-cover-release-date/
Jhené Aiko Reveals ‘Souled Out’ Album Cover, Release Date

Suited and booted. Jhené Aiko has unveiled the cover art and release date for her highly-anticipated debut.

Souled Out will arrive on September 9 via Artium Records/Def Jam. The heavens part as the R&B singer floats up from the sea into the sky on the celestial artwork.

The album follows her 2011 mixtape Sailing Soul(s) and 2013 EP Sail Out, which spawned the hit single “The Worst” and collaborations with Kendrick Lamar, Childish Gambino, and Vince Staples.

Souled Out includes the singles “The Pressure” and “To Love & Die” featuring Cocaine 80s. In April, she performed another album cut entitled “Spotless Mind” at Coachella.

In addition to No I.D., the dark and melodic project features production from Key Wane, Fisticuffs, James Fauntleroy, and Dot Da Genius. Her daughter Namiko is featured on “Promises,” but don’t expect many other collaborations.

“I did the album and it just shaped up to be all me,” she told Rap-Up TV. “I just didn’t leave room for anybody just because I have a lot to say. I just wrote the songs from top to bottom.”

Following the album’s release, Jhené will join The Weeknd on his four-city “King of the Fall” tour with ScHoolboy Q, starting September 19 at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center.

9/17/2013
http://www.rap-up.com/2013/09/17/jhene-aiko-sets-sail-out-ep-release-date/
Jhené Aiko Sets ‘Sail Out’ EP Release Date

Jhené Aiko is setting sail this October. The R&B sensation has announced a release date for her EP.

Before her full-length debut Souled Out arrives next year, she will satisfy patient fans with Sail Out on Oct. 29.

“It’s like bridging the gap between [my mixtape] Sailing Soul(s) and Souled Out,” the 25-year-old singer told Rap-Up TV. “Sail Out has a lot of the hip-hop/rap influence on it, even with the beats.”

The hip-hop-heavy tracks include features from Wiz Khalifa (“Hit It Again”), Big Sean, Ab-Soul, and Kendrick Lamar, who guests on the Janet Jackson-inspired “Stay Ready.”

Her rap alter ego J. Hennessy also appears on the EP. “I literally feel throughout the day I go through 12 different personalities in my head,” said Jhené. “She’s an aspiring rapper. She still sings, but she’s more aggressive. She likes to really talk a lot of **** and talk about things that a lot of R&B singers don’t talk about.”

In July, she debuted one of the tracks, “Bed Peace,” for Rap-Up Sessions.

She guests on recent releases from J. Cole, Big Sean, and Drake, who enlisted her for “From Time,” a cut off his album Nothing Was the Same.

9/17/2013
http://www.rap-up.com/2013/09/17/jhene-aiko-sets-sail-out-ep-release-date/
Jhené Aiko Sets ‘Sail Out’ EP Release Date

Jhené Aiko is setting sail this October. The R&B sensation has announced a release date for her EP.

Before her full-length debut Souled Out arrives next year, she will satisfy patient fans with Sail Out on Oct. 29.

“It’s like bridging the gap between [my mixtape] Sailing Soul(s) and Souled Out,” the 25-year-old singer told Rap-Up TV. “Sail Out has a lot of the hip-hop/rap influence on it, even with the beats.”

The hip-hop-heavy tracks include features from Wiz Khalifa (“Hit It Again”), Big Sean, Ab-Soul, and Kendrick Lamar, who guests on the Janet Jackson-inspired “Stay Ready.”

Her rap alter ego J. Hennessy also appears on the EP. “I literally feel throughout the day I go through 12 different personalities in my head,” said Jhené. “She’s an aspiring rapper. She still sings, but she’s more aggressive. She likes to really talk a lot of **** and talk about things that a lot of R&B singers don’t talk about.”

In July, she debuted one of the tracks, “Bed Peace,” for Rap-Up Sessions.

She guests on recent releases from J. Cole, Big Sean, and Drake, who enlisted her for “From Time,” a cut off his album Nothing Was the Same.

7/16/2013
http://www.rap-up.com/2013/07/16/rap-up-tv-jhene-aiko-talks-sail-out-ep-rap-alter-ego/
Rap-Up TV: Jhene Aiko Talks ‘Sail Out’ EP, Rap Alter Ego

Last week, Jhené Aiko debuted her new song “Bed Peace” exclusively for Rap-Up Sessions. Now the L.A. singer shares details about the summertime record and her upcoming EP Sail Out. She recorded over 20 songs for her debut Souled Out and decided to use some of the material for an EP.

“It’s like bridging the gap between [my mixtape] Sailing Soul(s) and Souled Out,” Jhené told Rap-Up TV. “Sail Out has a lot of the hip-hop/rap influence on it, even with the beats. It’s something you wanna put in your car; it’s perfect for the summer time.”

The hip-hop-heavy tracks boast features from Wiz Khalifa (“Hit It Again”), Big Sean, Ab-Soul, and Kendrick Lamar, who guests on the Janet Jackson-inspired “Stay Ready.”

Her rap alter ego J. Hennessy also appears on the EP. “I literally feel throughout the day I go through 12 different personalities in my head,” said Jhené, who is a Pisces. “She’s an aspiring rapper. She still sings, but she’s more aggressive. She likes to really talk a lot of **** and talk about things that a lot of R&B singers don’t talk about.”

The first offering, “Bed Peace,” will hit iTunes soon. “It’s a very summer, feel-good type of song,” she said of the Fisticuffs production.

3/6/2013
http://www.thisisrnb.com/2013/03/thisisrnb-tv-jhene-aiko-talks-debut-album-souled-out-writing-her-own-stories-marijuana-influence-on-music/
ThisisRnB TV: Jhené Aiko Talks Debut Album ‘Souled Out,’ Writing Her Own Stories & Marijuana Influence on Music

Jhené Aiko is currently prepping for the release of her debut album Souled Out, which is expected later this year via Island Def Jam. The L.A. native recently released the video for new song “Burning Man (3:16 pm),” which is a much more lighthearted record than it’s predecessor, the dark “3:16 AM.” ThisisRnB TV recently caught up with Jhené for a very candid interview.

The singer-songwriter spoke about the status of ‘Souled Out,’ and briefly what fans can expect from the project, “It’s not [about] oh I have a club hit, and I have a this and a that, it’s just like good songs, great songs.” She talked about deciding to sign with producer No I.D. and his Artrium imprint, needing to still work on record with him and what other producers she has worked with on the album. Jhené discussed how important writing her own material is to her, and how it defines her as an artist, “After each song I’ve lost like a piece of me, because I’ve put it in to the song.”

She revealed that she enjoys being high or using the feeling of being high as inspiration for her writing, and in fact her mixtape “Sailing Souls” was done entirely high, most of the new album was written high, but recorded sober, and fans will be able to hear a difference in her vocal. She also shared a story of when she realized how connected her fans were to smoking and listening to her music at a show in Oakland.

5/18/2012
http://www.soulculture.co.uk/music-blog/newmusic/jhene-aiko-2-seconds-prod-by-kevin-roosevelt-new-music/
While we wait for the full version of her Def Jam debut single “3:16am,” singer Jhené Aiko drops some new music on the net in the form of a brand new track titled “2 Seconds”. The Kevin Roosevelt produced track is so new it’s unfinished but the beautiful Ms Aiko is in a giving mood this morning and decided to share it with us.

The singer who appears on Ab-Soul‘s recently released Control System is currently working on her soul(ed) out project which will be released soon.

4/3/2012
http://www.soulculture.co.uk/blogs/jhene-aiko-speaks-on-her-def-jam-upcoming-release-video/
Of course, we now know that the wonderful Jhene Aiko is part of the iconic Def Jam Records roster and that means she will be delivering an album to us, following up from her great Sailing Souls mixtape.

She spoke to The Well Versed whilst at the 2012 Gearfest Fashion Show & Concert as USC about the debut album, Souled Out and when/what can be expected on the release.

Although she didn’t confirm a date, she says she has been working on the album every day. She also spoke about not being scared to disappoint the label by not conforming, rather than conforming to any sort of industry trends.

Also, check our chat with the songstress here.

AnglOnAngelDust
Smoke good, eat good, live good

Yeah finally an album thread for this amazing women :allears: Can't wait :slick:
yzagame
Sugoi

Looking forward to this.
j j .
hnnhjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjnn .

Looking forward to this.
Robot Jones

Sailing souls was my shhit. Cant wait for this album
Cas
I'm listening.

:allears: ILWT>>>
AnglOnAngelDust

Looking forward to this.
Doc
Grizzlie Man

Boi-1da
San Antonio Spurs #RaceForSeis

First page swag, that preview is amazing!
Mojo
salutations to my old hoes

Looking forward to this.
yzagame
Sugoi

Oh **** she's signed with Def Jam too? Frank Ocean & Jhene Aiko collabo please  :allears:
AnglOnAngelDust

Oh **** she's signed with Def Jam too? Frank Ocean & Jhene Aiko collabo please  :allears:

Would be awesome :allears:
Rihanna Stan

I'm glad you caught on :h5:
Rihanna Stan

GOAT mashup idea :stronger:
Cas
I'm listening.

I'm glad you caught on :h5:

Me too!
IAMDOPE

I was on it first so I feel superior to all of you. Lol
TRiLLA

Looking forward to this.
Just D
Monokuma Ondo

Looking forward to hearing this, Sailing Souls was great.

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 ... 188

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook