Kanye To The: Kanye West

Odd Future's Syd the Kyd Talks Being A Lesbian, Says Alicia Keys & Queen Latifah Should Come Out

Pages:1 2 3 4

WakeUpMr.West
All Lives Matter

The lone female of Odd Future, singer/DJ Syd the Kid, is about to set it off.  For one, she's creating a duo called The Internet with another member of the group--Matt Martians. 
And in a new interview with LA Weekly, she is opening up about her lesbianism. She also says she wishes Missy Elliot, Queen Latifah, and Alicia Keys would have come out of the closet to be a role model for her.

On the lack of out-of-the-closet gay urban artists:
Syd: "There's Alicia Keys, who's married to Swizz Beats - we know that **** ain't real. You got Queen Latifah kissing Common in movies. Missy Elliott saying she don't wanna hang with ****es. You know she loves her some ****es."
On coming out via The Internet's "Cocaine" video:
Syd: "I decided to do it because I wish I had someone like that [an openly gay female artist] while I was coming up. People write on my Tumblr just thanking me for making the video, saying that I really inspire them, and they want to be like me. But I wasn't always this way, this comfortable with myself, and I remember what that was like. So I figure, **** it. Everyday people aren't given this opportunity and I realize that. And I didn't at first. I thought I was just lucky to be along for the ride."
On homosexuality in the media:
Syd: "We didn't make the video to make a statement about Odd Future and homophobia. It was to showcase a song by the Internet. But over the years I've come across so many dyke singers, dyke rappers, people with real heart and passion, and it's a shame that not one of them has made it. And I get it, the world is just now starting to become open about homosexuality. I can't really say I've contributed to that, and I'm grateful to the people who have set a path for me to be who I am today. And I guess in that sense I want to return the favor."
On getting asked that question:
Syd: "I put myself out there because I'm sick of people asking. I've been asked it so many times. It's annoying, it's like, you can't answer that yourself? And awkward because it's not like they're going up to the other guys in the group and asking if they're straight. Now I don't have to answer that question outright. Because I don't want to. It's not that I'm not proud of who I am.  Do I look straight to you? ****, you got your answer -- go watch 'Cocaine.'"

http://theybf.com/2012/01/12/whoa-odd-futures-syd-the-kyd-talks-being-a-lesbian-says-alicia-keys-queen-latifah-should-

unrelated; why do some lesbians try to look like men?

TheRapperEater

inb4 a troll
j j .
i sips dick nigga .

inb4 a troll
you are a troll
TheRapperEater

you are a troll
not trollin ITT doe, ****
j j .
i sips dick nigga .

This thread is 1000000X funnier considering OP is gay too! :hah:
spejsi666
Deleted

There's Alicia Keys, who's married to Swizz Beats - we know that **** ain't real.
interesting.
j j .
i sips dick nigga .

not trollin ITT doe, ****
Damn, B you harsher than muter****er.
TheRapperEater

Damn, B you harsher than muter****er.
callin me a troll doe is offensive :cmon:
im durnk too sry
BANNEDACCOUNT33

I don't even know who this is.
j j .
i sips dick nigga .

callin me a troll doe is offensive :cmon:
im durnk too sry
Troll ass hoe

hippie
whipping a brick !

Alicia keys and Syd sextape :allears:
Cursed Assassin
Wipe that lipstick off your mouth

The lone female of Odd Future, singer/DJ Syd the Kid, is about to set it off.  For one, she's creating a duo called The Internet with another member of the group--Matt Martians. 
And in a new interview with LA Weekly, she is opening up about her lesbianism. She also says she wishes Missy Elliot, Queen Latifah, and Alicia Keys would have come out of the closet to be a role model for her.

On the lack of out-of-the-closet gay urban artists:
Syd: "There's Alicia Keys, who's married to Swizz Beats - we know that **** ain't real. You got Queen Latifah kissing Common in movies. Missy Elliott saying she don't wanna hang with ****es. You know she loves her some ****es."
On coming out via The Internet's "Cocaine" video:
Syd: "I decided to do it because I wish I had someone like that [an openly gay female artist] while I was coming up. People write on my Tumblr just thanking me for making the video, saying that I really inspire them, and they want to be like me. But I wasn't always this way, this comfortable with myself, and I remember what that was like. So I figure, **** it. Everyday people aren't given this opportunity and I realize that. And I didn't at first. I thought I was just lucky to be along for the ride."
On homosexuality in the media:
Syd: "We didn't make the video to make a statement about Odd Future and homophobia. It was to showcase a song by the Internet. But over the years I've come across so many dyke singers, dyke rappers, people with real heart and passion, and it's a shame that not one of them has made it. And I get it, the world is just now starting to become open about homosexuality. I can't really say I've contributed to that, and I'm grateful to the people who have set a path for me to be who I am today. And I guess in that sense I want to return the favor."
On getting asked that question:
Syd: "I put myself out there because I'm sick of people asking. I've been asked it so many times. It's annoying, it's like, you can't answer that yourself? And awkward because it's not like they're going up to the other guys in the group and asking if they're straight. Now I don't have to answer that question outright. Because I don't want to. It's not that I'm not proud of who I am.  Do I look straight to you? ****, you got your answer -- go watch 'Cocaine.'"

http://theybf.com/2012/01/12/whoa-odd-futures-syd-the-kyd-talks-being-a-lesbian-says-alicia-keys-queen-latifah-should-

unrelated; why do some lesbians try to look like men?

wtf is this ****
TheRapperEater

Troll ass hoe

ok first off
1. syd is gay as fuq
2. but she nice doe
WakeUpMr.West
All Lives Matter

since when was alicia keys rumored to be a lesbian?
BANNEDACCOUNT33

Syd the Kyd is the Cousin Oliver of Odd Future.
j j .
i sips dick nigga .

ok first off
1. syd is gay as fuq
2. but she nice doe
I see where your coming from sir.
I agree :aliveclap:
Hot Since 92

The Internet has got the be the worst name for a group in history.
Wlll
s p i t t e r s t a n

I been knew Latifa was lesbo doe.

Pages:1 2 3 4

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook