Kanye To The: Kanye West

TIME article on Kanye's Grammy Snubbing

Pages:1 2 3 4

Asian

Check it out!

http://ideas.time.com/2011/12/02/grammys-fallout-the-subtle-snubbing-of-kanye/?iid=op-main-lede

Efram the Rabbit
Efram the Retarded Rabbit

Great read.

Kanye's getting the respect he deserves.
Justise
I could never end a career if it never start

Great read.

Kanye's getting the respect her deserves.

her?

:joe:
Efram the Rabbit
Efram the Retarded Rabbit

her?

:joe:

he* lol, I don't know what happened.
Justise
I could never end a career if it never start

he* lol, I don't know what happened.

lol i was wondering if Kanye went and got a sex change because of the Grammy snub
abuja19

Great read.

YeezyDude
"A wise man told me don't argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can't tell who is who."

Great read.

Tyler

Toure the god.
HeartlessNobody
A young nigga trying to win here again.

Kanye gonna **** on everybody with his next album. Won't even need a damn Grammy
AKIL

Great read.

BANNEDACCOUNT33

Strangely, Kanye’s seven nominations breaks down to three for MBDTF and four for Watch the Throne.

That's incorrect actually.  :dno:
bbc

Great read.

OG Silver
ball is life

the reason it was snubbed wasnt sales, it wasnt the musicality obviously, it wasnt even his personality. I think it was because they (the rich white people, the government, etc.) are trying to push out hip hop from culture. 2011 was a great year for rap, but if you have been paying attention it has never had a worse year commercially since the 90's. The only people with songs on the radio are drake and lil wayne, excluding otis and NIP. Also nicki minaj. Thats because these people are "acceptable", they dont offer any threat of instilling new ideas or expanding thought to the average person, not just kids. MBDTF was deep, dark, and largely negative, which are all things america is starting to hate more and more. The darkes thing they allow is something like 21, which is filled with pain related to relationships, but looking at it from a universal perspective its nothing compared to the things hip hop goes over. I know MBDTF isnt really so "dark" in the way hip hop is known to be, but it is a symbol for the expulsion of hip hop as a whole from pop culture, or rather real hip hop.
Bliss
MattVP

tl;dr
romyrider

great article

**** grammy
tabascoman95
you don't gotta love me / just be convincing

great article

**** grammy
Hurricane.
FilthyFrankTV

Great article by Toure. He completely understands why this snub was so bad.
Black Smith
I knew a nigga who dreamed of flyin' boats...

If only more people would've seen this light before...

Pages:1 2 3 4

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook